5ver Breakdown/Recovery

Discussion in 'Fifth Wheelers' started by Ant&Debs, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Ant&Debs

Ant&Debs Read Only Funster

Hi

I am sure this subject has been done to death! Has anybody managed to get reliable cover?

It seems from what I have read its either RAC Arrivals which you pay an annual rate, then if you where to breakdown they would have to arrange for another service provider to recover your 5ver.

or

Register with a commerical recovery (HGVassist) which has no annual rate, just a pay as you go.

Any thoughts? or anybody had problems with RAC Arrival?

Thanks

Ant&Debs:Smile:

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

a friend of mine used to do commercial (HGV) recovery.

an HGV recovery on a low loader from liverpool to scarborough cost £1500......10 years ago :Eeek:

3. Ant&Debs

Ant&Debs Read Only Funster

Thanks pappajohn

I kinda guessed that, I when I was on tour with nelly furtado couple years ago one of the sleeper coaches broke down in Holland, the system they use and also in france and germany they send a transit type vehicle first if it cant be fixed and moved within 30 mins(if on Motorway) then then send for a larger truck to do a suspend lift or low loader, while waiting the guy normally prepares for tow by taking off halfshats etc. I think the cost for that £2500.00

4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

a bit like the modern ambulance service then....send a rapid response car first, if they havent a large enough elastoplast they send a proper ambulance.....or is that only in north yorkshire :Laughing: