Free Member
Jun 27, 2012
Notts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since2010
Hi there, I have a Fiat Ducato Swift Suntour 590rs 2000reg, (gvw 3500kg i think) on 15" rims. I know the current tyres have been on for the last 7 years so there is every chance they could have been on since new(not good I know). I am concerned that I really ought to be buying new rubber before the old ones let me down. I am currently on Michelin xc campers, My local tyre dealer (who is usually hard to beat on price) wants £176 each(fully fitted price) for Michelin Agilis campers but also has Continental Vanco campers at £115 each. I am swayed towards the Contis, does anyone have experience of them, any help would be appreciated, thanks, Tino

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Tyres

I have Continentals and am replacing the front 2 of them soon Have used my van extensively over the past 3 1/2 yrs & they have given me good service They retail at around £130 and if they last another 3-4 yrs all and good

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi there, I have a Fiat Ducato Swift Suntour 590rs 2000reg, (gvw 3500kg i think) on 15" rims. I know the current tyres have been on for the last 7 years so there is every chance they could have been on since new(not good I know). I am concerned that I really ought to be buying new rubber before the old ones let me down. I am currently on Michelin xc campers, My local tyre dealer (who is usually hard to beat on price) wants £176 each(fully fitted price) for Michelin Agilis campers but also has Continental Vanco campers at £115 each. I am swayed towards the Contis, does anyone have experience of them, any help would be appreciated, thanks, Tino

I thought I would put this information on the forum it may or may be not be relevant....I was speaking to another motorhomer from Durum area he was on his way home from France...he has a 2008 autosleeper on a VW from new, nice looking small rig, well looked after...this motorhomer had a vibration when travelling, called at three VW dealers in France to find out what was his problem....the last dealer found out what the problem was...the tyres fitted from new, had the year 2006 on the tyre, so already two years old before he purchased the van....the tread on where excellent even after 4 years (in fact lots more tread on than my 1 year old Michelin agilis camping car tyres)...the VW dealer told him he had the wrong tyres on...he had commercial tyres on all 4 tyres....... and the rear tyres had delaminated.....he should have campingcar tyres on due to the weight he is carrying on those tyres all the time........as the campingcar (motorhome) tyres have extra thickness on the sides and are made to cope with the weight he is carrying......:Eeek::Doh:
I know this is a subject of debate:hardhat: these are not my words, just thought I would let you know.
This was his second auto sleeper..his first was excellent, his present one was not, and more like a normal motorhome in build, not many built...he said it was very disappointing and also the one he has now was a replacement...very very happy with the dealer not happy with Autosleeper due to the problems he has been having ...(don't we all)

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F

hi there tino pm me the tyre size and your phone no. and i will try and help you:thumb:
regards brian jo and josh

OP
OP
T

tino7

Free Member
Jun 27, 2012
Notts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since2010
tyres

Hi there Brian, thanks for your advice last week, I have just had a full set of Conti vanco campers fitted(£453- I need to sit down!):cry:. I went for them as opposed to the Hankooks as my van often spends weeks at a time standing still and I felt it better to have camping tyres with stiffer sidewalls to withstand this- some people say this makes the ride a little harder and noisier but that doesn't bother me too much, after driving my work truck anything is comfortable! I asked the fitter if he could identify a date code on my old tyres and he was struggling, the only possible number he could find ended in 01 suggesting that my tyres were 11 years old! thanks again, Tino:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back