Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
rotherham
Funster No
MH
swift sundance
Exp
1 year
at moment have a 590 rl as we are considering changing to a 590 rs but have doubts as we like the l shape lounge but are wanting to take our parents and have concerns re travel in back even with seat belts. have considered a larger unit with both ,but not sure if the extra 3 ft will make for more problems parking . a lot of the reviews like the rear lounge, no comments about the rs model, new to motor homing and would like some feedback
thank you:ROFLMAO::helpsos:

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi welcome,

We used to have the 590RS and changed to a 630L to get the extra space. With the 590 RS if the the cab bed is in use then the ladder must be removed to make up a full double in the dinette meaning anyone wishing to get down from above the cab pod disturbs those in the dinette area, unless you only make up a 3/4 and use the single.

We find the 630L suits our needs better, although the 590RS is still a great van it just did not suit us.

The 630L is longer but no more difficult to park.

Hope that helps. Any other questions then feel free to ask.

OP
OP
J

janbri

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
rotherham
Funster No
MH
swift sundance
Exp
1 year
590 rs

hi thank you for replying at moment we have a 590 RL and love it but we want to take my parents out and with all the dilemma about traviling in the back even with seat belts we were looking to change ,we too have looked at the 630 but were concerned re parking if places became more difficult to find. my husband has no difficulty when it comes to parking ,it was more to do with finding pogs, we have also seen problems with swift and floor was this solved
do you know by 2009 ,thanks, not the bed situation with the 590 it just seams a little crowded then the l shape did you find that

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
All the floor problems should have been resolved by now, vans of that era should all have gone back for rectification by now.

Peter

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
hi thank you for replying at moment we have a 590 RL and love it but we want to take my parents out and with all the dilemma about traviling in the back even with seat belts we were looking to change ,we too have looked at the 630 but were concerned re parking if places became more difficult to find. my husband has no difficulty when it comes to parking ,it was more to do with finding pogs, we have also seen problems with swift and floor was this solved
do you know by 2009 ,thanks, not the bed situation with the 590 it just seams a little crowded then the l shape did you find that

I think Peter has answered your question re the floors. We had a 2008 590RS and no problem with the floor. As far as layout it is down to personal choice.
We got it wrong 2 kids 2, adults and a large dog (first van), but then there there our lots of people with that style of layout who love it. It was only really a problem for us with the sleeping arrangements, but we much prefer the 630L layout we have now. Never had any issues parking, although it is 2 bays. It we drop into a supermarket we tend just to park furthest away to make sure we can park through 2 bays. As I say personal choice at the end of the day.

Good luck with whatever you decide. :Smile:

Sunty

Free Member
Dec 10, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Swift Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2002
Ours is a 590rs and we love it. Notwithstanding the problem of climbing the ladder when the overcab bunk is being used, riding in the back is good. Often our passengers use the rear facing seats when belts are not needed. Obviously the lay-out is very personal, but we would not change ours for anything else.
Arthur.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back