Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Well who’d have thought, it’s been 5 years since motorhome fun was formed! I can’t quite believe it. If you had told me just 5 years and one month ago I’d one day run a successful motorhome forum I’d have laughed, I struggled then just to operate my own PC, (which I thought had a mind of its own.) I won’t go into why fun was formed or how it was done. You can read all about thatLink Removed

Last Monday on a return from a rally in Shrewsbury we realized the 5 year anniversary was upon us and were chatting and reflecting on this time. We were happy but knackered we’d just had a packed couple of weekends on the trot operating a hospitality gazebo offering free beers, wine coffee and cake to passing Funsters. We had lots of different Funsters sat in the gazebo, the majority who were not even rallying with us but just visiting the show for the day. Lots of chatting and laughing, sometimes about something or somebody on the forum, but mostly about anything and everything. The days passed very quickly (and the nights partying even quicker) This meant that opening up the trade stand feeling tired, but as soon as other Funsters arrive its just fun.

We’d had quite a few new Funsters at both rallies and I was very proud of the way they were looked after by more established members. Lots of warm welcomes and smiles. When these newbies thank us at the end of the weekend I feel a bit of a fraud, it’s the members that gave them such a good time, not us.

Anyway I digress, we were chatting about Fun, what it’s become, where it is going and the journey we’ve had with it so far. We agreed that every now and again it feels like a job, but mostly its just fun, and something we feel privileged to be a part of. It’s been hard work at times (and the cause of more than one marital row) but we’ve thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, we’ve made lots of real friends and have had loads of laughs along the way.

We reflected on the vast army of members who have totally embraced Fun and also given lots of time to it, either helping people on the forums or selflessly organizing and running rallies. I daren’t make a list as there are so many of these fantastic Funsters and I would hate to miss someone out, we thank you all very much, you are very much appreciated, we all know who you are.

We have had a ball and we are really are looking forward to the next 5 years of fun and Funsters.

Happy Birthday Funsters, you're 5 years old today! :birthday:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Happy Birthday Motorhome Fun

Thank you for the years of fun
and looking forward to many more to come

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Terrific Fun

Long may it continue, congratulations and happy birthday! Well done Jim:thumb:

Now, how do we get some extra pitches at Malvern?????????????:winky::winky::winky:

Catherine

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Wow, isn't it amazing how quick time flies....

I was in my 30's with two young kids back then :roflmto:

now im in my forties with two grumpy teenagers :Smile:

I remember when we joined a few months after it was formed, it was still all knew, but I came from a site that had lambasted me for daring to ask a newbie type question.

Within a few months we were sat at Newark in floods of water having brought across Tick59 Dingray and Nikki's dad (sadly passed on)

From then on we often looked for the next fun meet, some excellent ones by Suzzy & Pammy, whom talked us in to doing the first Bring and buy which will be 5 years next time round.

We have been on a Meet in France in the summer at Parc verger, we have been Skiing with 10 other Funsters.

When we were looking at our Wedding anniversary list for a party , over 50% of people actually had motorhomes that we were fortunate enough to call our friends.

I hate the forum being part of our life, but yep, you dragged us in kicking and screaming and the goodwill and happy bunch of funsters kept us here. I lost count of how many times I was inpolitely told to go away whilst handing the cards out and manning the stall at Newark that first year.

But it's all been worth it.:thumb:

So happy birthday fun and well done Jim, Bryan and of course Sian and all the others that either have or continue to make it a success.

Here's some pictures of the first meets,
In one you can see ourcampersbeentrashed's van :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Harley fun meet.jpg
    Harley fun meet.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 94
  • george and dog.jpg
    george and dog.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 96
  • jim fun meet.jpg
    jim fun meet.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 91

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
WOW and what a fun packed 5 years it has been!!

Thank you Jim and Sian for all your inspiration and hard work!

We've made lots of good friends on this forum and continue to do so :Smile:

Life wouldn't be the same without FUN!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
In November 2007 we asked if some of the Funsters would come to our newly made campsite for a meeting of ideas as to how we could make improvements for the site. Several people replied and we had a meet mostly RV's. I provided a curry night all free but the lovely people insisted on paying money for the electric. We have always been grateful for those funsters that helped us. So Jim congratulations on 5 years and many thanks from Mark and myself for that early help in making our site successful.
Photo from that meet in 2007
Link Removed

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I think a big well done goes to you Funsters who got the site up and running and supported Jim in the early days.

On the other hand I only joined two years ago..a few weeks before subscriptions were introduced:Doh:::bigsmile:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Happy 5th Birthday "Motorhome Fun "
Thank you Jim n Sian for creating such a warm and friendly place to be at always
We are looking forward to many more years of Fun with you all :thumb:

:party2::party2::party2:

:birthday::birthday::birthday:

John n Kath xx

jackierals

Free Member
May 17, 2012
kent
Funster No
MH
C Class??
Exp
I'm a newbie
Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday dear Motorhome Fun
Happy Birthday to Yoooooooouuuuuu

Hip Hip Hooray :RollEyes:

Jackie & Steve

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Someone's got to say it, may as well be me :thumb:

Time flies when you're havin fun :Doh:

Thanks for the last five, here's to many more :beer:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F

well done and congratulations Jim & Sian:thumb::Cool:
best wishes brian jo and josh

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
As they say "Build it and they will come" you built it Jim and they came and keep coming thanks to yours, your family's and severel helpers efforts.

Well done and thank-you.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
...and talking of 5 years ago...

(Please note that this picture is pre-health & safety regulations concerning marquee erection :ROFLMAO:)

And you've got to admire Jim's ethos...

"If you can't send 'em up chimneys, they can bleedin' well earn their keep another way!"

:winky:

(Does anyone remember the date/location/event?) :Cool:

Link Removed

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Happy Birthday Fun your as old we have been motorhoming:Smile:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
...and talking of 5 years ago...

(Please note that this picture is pre-health & safety regulations concerning marquee erection :ROFLMAO:)

And you've got to admire Jim's ethos...

"If you can't send 'em up chimneys, they can bleedin' well earn their keep another way!"

:winky:

(Does anyone remember the date/location/event?) :Cool:

Link Removed

Yes that was at our first ever meet at Bosworth:thumb:

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Yes that was at our first ever meet at Bosworth:thumb:

Well of course YOU know...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Here's another from that meet...

You can see your old RV Jim (and mine) on either side of the marquee

Link Removed

Feb 16, 2010
Newport, Gwent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2002(previously 25 years caravaning
"Happy 5th Birthday" Motorhome Fun may the next 5 years be as good with all the "Funsters" Thanks Jim & Sian for making us so welcome x

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
:party2::birthday:Happy Birthday Motorhomefun:thumb::birthday::party2:

Without FUN I wouldn't have known what a real hangover was:winky:

:wine: Congratulations to all who contributed to the birth :beer:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Thank you to Jim and Sian for all your hard work that has made many virtual friends real friends, Motorhome Fun, quite simply the best.

Carol & Eddie.

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Wow, isn't it amazing how quick time flies....

I was in my 30's with two young kids back then :roflmto:

now im in my forties with two grumpy teenagers :Smile:

I remember when we joined a few months after it was formed, it was still all knew, but I came from a site that had lambasted me for daring to ask a newbie type question.

Within a few months we were sat at Newark in floods of water having brought across Tick59 Dingray and Nikki's dad (sadly passed on)

From then on we often looked for the next fun meet, some excellent ones by Suzzy & Pammy, whom talked us in to doing the first Bring and buy which will be 5 years next time round.

We have been on a Meet in France in the summer at Parc verger, we have been Skiing with 10 other Funsters.

When we were looking at our Wedding anniversary list for a party , over 50% of people actually had motorhomes that we were fortunate enough to call our friends.

I hate the forum being part of our life, but yep, you dragged us in kicking and screaming and the goodwill and happy bunch of funsters kept us here. I lost count of how many times I was inpolitely told to go away whilst handing the cards out and manning the stall at Newark that first year.

But it's all been worth it.:thumb:

So happy birthday fun and well done Jim, Bryan and of course Sian and all the others that either have or continue to make it a success.

Here's some pictures of the first meets,
In one you can see ourcampersbeentrashed's van :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
YOU DID UPSET SOMEONE ON THE OTHER SITE WHEN YOU ASKED IF THEY COULD ARRANGE MEETS FOR: LESBIANS, HOMOSEXUALS, UN MARRIED MOTHERS WITH FIFTEEN KIDS AND DWARFS AND GIANTS UNCLE TOM COBLEY AND ALL. THEY DIDN'T GET THE POINT THAT ALL WE WANTED WAS TO MEET OTHER MOTORHOMERS AND HAVE FUN! FUN ! FUN. NO MATTER WHAT COULOUR, RACE, LIFESTLY,OR RELIGON.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Thanks Jim, you've done a great job. What I think really makes it work is that you don't allow nastiness, which really brings out the best in people and makes us welcome all the newbies. Giving nice brings back nice. I must say that we have really enjoyed talking to all the new people, as well as the oldies, at the rallies and whenever we meet new MHers, we are always selling the site. There is just so much to be gained.

Funnily enough, when at Marjal we were parked beside Tom and Karline, who don't belong to 'us' but we have been in contact quite a bit since then and they have looked on the site and I think they could be tempted. Anyway, we are off south to Kent tomorrow and are stopping off at their's on the way (by invitation of course).

I think Fun is a bit like measles, very contagious. Hope to see you soon. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Ivy

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Cheers Jim Sian and all the Funster for making us feel welcome :thumb:

:thumb:ROB&JANE:thumb:
::bigsmile:MOTORHOMEFUN::bigsmile:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well - Happy Birthday Fun !!

Are you looking forward to starting school in September?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back