5 months on a campsite.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by david price, Sep 5, 2010.

1. david price

david price Read Only Funster

well its now been 5 months since we started our new jobs as assistant managers.
    Great way of life but does take some getting used to and not all campers are good people.It can be like a time warp but we go home about twice a week.
    Good thing is come feb 27th we get nine weeks off and then looking to head for warmer climes.Any suggestions on some where warm?
    we love portugal but wife reckons benidorm will be warmer that time of year.Never been to beni but may give it a try for the wife but personelly would prefer portugal.
    We get lots of germans on site as well as austrailians,french and new zealanders and have seen some great outfits.
    Kids have our house rent free (wifes idea not mine) and if it wasent for that would be quite well off but has it is they are costing a fortune so still have to count the pennies hence took me a while to pay subs but i am putting some away to cover time off.And must admit looking forward to nine weeks off.
    Will be doing a thread on how the bessie is standing up to fulltimeing soon.
    Dave

2. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

hi Dave, Nikki and I were only talking about you guys on the way back from France the other week, wondering how you were getting on. Love to read up on it mate. Have you had alook at hilldwellers thread about the place in Spain? that looks warm and cheap..

Good luck fella and catch up soon.:thumb:

3. david price

david price Read Only Funster

HI paul,must admit iloved it from day one but kaz has taken about 3 months to settle.For the first three months i was the devil in disguise according to kaz,she loves it now but being a woman she can easily change her mind :Wink::Wink::Wink:
    We are in charge over xmas and new year so looking to plan some sort of party.
    Dave
    Ps nice to chat again.

4. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

There are those fools who think that when the kids are 20ish all their problems go away.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

And then grandchildren arrive.

A kid is for LIFE not just for Christmas.

5. JJ

JJ Funster

Hi Brian... my son has just visited and guess what?

He bought me a meal and paid for his bed and breakfast room himself... he is earning more than me now...

Bless him... he even came to football with his dad...

JJ

David... if you change your mind and come into Portugal let me know... I'll be there from November onwards... plan Christmas in Algarve... New Year's eve in Tavira...

6. Dalek

Dalek Read Only Funster

Thanks Dave for posting because its got me thinking. Why the hell dont we go away in motorhome abroad for Xmas instead of looking at flights to Spain when we can meet up with the Funsters.

7. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Hi Dave

Glad you have settled into your new way of life, I know it can be difficult at first.

Hope all continues to go well.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

8. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

how true

How true Brian, they never leave home even if they have there own home.

My garage is still used as a store room for my daughter and her husbands junk.

The spare bedroom is still full of toys for the grand kids to play with,

Dad, can you look at the caravan on Ebay it is in your town (the far side and takes two hours to do) then he does not bid for it... they never leave home..... bewarned if you have none stay that way.. you will be poor in the pocket.. Ok I know the women will not agree. But I just hate kids.. was one myself once so I was told.. still hate them and cannot eat a whoile one at a time anymore..

Give me a dog any day. Wet nose and a wagging tail what more can a man ask for except for a beer can.

Bob:Doh:

9. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Oh dear oh dear oh dear:RollEyes::RollEyes: (sorry to hijack your thread dave)

Bob, oh bob oh bob...... you do realise that I actually run the Motorhomefun creche and youth club at meets don't you?

Fear not, I promise I will keep your identity secret from my kids, they have such a habit of playing practical jokes, you know like fitting a V8 rover engine in your mobility scooter :Eek!::Eek!:

10. thehutchies

thehutchies Funster

Here's a vision of Hell for Bob:

The Ticknor Tribe

Mum, Dad and eleven kids fulltiming in a fifth-wheel!

[​IMG]

And one of them is taking the picture!