LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Being really sad and having a 'days to' app on my phone, I've woken this morning to a new month and a fabulous 40 days to fantastic France icon. Brought a massive smile to my face and a little skip in my step. Command centre has another 2 weeks then it's closed til we go to avoid saturation. Spending 3 and half weeks there. So who else is counting, when do you go and how long for ? :france::wine::cycle:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
35/36 for us, travelling 6th June, for 3 weeks, can't wait !!!!
provisionally going Pays de la Liore area somewhere below Nantes to Poitiers to Orleans in a circular trip, nothing set in stone,using aires near water ,i.e. lakes ,rivers, canals etc & rural. free ones hopefully

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
How long are you going for and where are you heading this time?
It's going to be our longest trip to date, Kerry, eleven weeks! :) Hardly a record breaker by some Funsters' standards but each trip gets longer so we are heading in the right direction, so to speak. :)

Perversely, we are starting from Santander but driving east into France then across the top of Italy and through Slovenia to Croatia where I'd like to visit some of the islands. That's the plan anyway but it might well get modified. In September we'll probably be back to Spain but I haven't booked any ferries yet.

Given we are going to France via Santander I guess we will go to Spain via Roscoff! :D

John

PS: Mary still having problems with her "Spanish wrist" - had a minor op a few weeks ago to release pressure on a nerve (carpal tunnel) but it still isn't sorted and may need more work. But things could be a lot worse and hopefully wine and sunshine on the upcoming trip will help. :)

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
It's going to be our longest trip to date, Kerry, eleven weeks! :) Hardly a record breaker by some Funsters' standards but each trip gets longer so we are heading in the right direction, so to speak. :)

Perversely, we are starting from Santander but driving east into France then across the top of Italy and through Slovenia to Croatia where I'd like to visit some of the islands. That's the plan anyway but it might well get modified. In September we'll probably be back to Spain but I haven't booked any ferries yet.

Given we are going to France via Santander I guess we will go to Spain via Roscoff! :D

John

PS: Mary still having problems with her "Spanish wrist" - had a minor op a few weeks ago to release pressure on a nerve (carpal tunnel) but it still isn't sorted and may need more work. But things could be a lot worse and hopefully wine and sunshine on the upcoming trip will help. :)
Wow, I can't wait to follow your progress, sounds like a great trip. Glynn is talking of downsizing our Hymer to a 3.5t which will make ferries and island hopping more affordable. I have dissuaded him so far as I love the Hymer but no doubt in a year or two we will be changing vans!!
Such a shame about Mary's wrist, my carpel tunnel ops were a complete success luckily. Plenty of Rioja should help :wine:.
Looking forward to your trip updates on FUN :active:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
122:(

Have about that that many different plans too...none of which will be realised:rolleyes:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We gave up counting when the MH passed yet another MOT, and we headed for the Canterbury Aire, on our way to Italy. We've been here just over a fortnight now, and moving on to Croatia before heading north again for a 4th June crossing.
This will have been our longest time away, both in the MH, and abroad. :eek:

Personally, I can't wait for the next lot of "counting down" or the crossing off the days on a "chuff chart" as we used to do in the Forces. :)

@milliethehymer. You'll love it, and wonder why you didn't do it before. Have a smashing time. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
We are off at the end of July and are due back early Sept, but with an open return ticket, who knows. :) Trundling around the south of France. Should be nice and warm and we are parked up for one week near a little B & B so Managements mum (she does not do motorhome) can fly out to be with us, for a few days.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Of Portsmouth Caen 8 th May,,,,no plans just heading for the sun wherever it is,,be back just before end of July all being well....BUSBY:):):)

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
@JockandRita - we only picked MH up in middle of March so thought we'd do a bit this side of the channel before heading off over the water :)

Very much looking forward to the trip, returning via Zebrugge on overnight ferry to Hull at the end of the trip...

Dec 16, 2013
Deeside North Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro 483
Exp
since 2012
France over on early ferry Sunday 5th June for 4 weeks visiting daughter and the grandchildren who live in the character for a bit then who knows got lots of Aires in a little notepad of the favourite Aires thread which looks great so excited to

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
@JockandRitaVery much looking forward to the trip, returning via Zebrugge on overnight ferry to Hull at the end of the trip...
I have to say, in all the years of MH travelling, that overnight ferry has to be the worst bit of travelling we have done. We never got a wink's sleep, and the blooming ferry rumbled and vibrated all night. I was strongly advised to remove the mattress from the top bunk, and sleep on the floor. That did help me to get comfortable, but didn't help me to get any sleep. :(

Good luck with that one. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Just one day left! Hull to Zeebrugge ferry, through Belguim into France, Switzerland then down into Italy for 6 weeks.
Enjoy and keep us posted ! I love to see people having hot sunny weather when it's peeing down here!!

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
26 days till the Tunnel for us. (24 days if you use Mrs Colpots way of measuring - you dont count today or the day you go). We have a plan to go down to Biarritz but we may get there or we may not just depends on what we stumble across on the way. 16 days over there as I still have to work to fund our trips.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back