3rd thread on financial situation- a solution for you which saved me over £150 monthly on interest (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
camperlove

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
tally man etc .
i watch folk when i was in the army spend their wages before they had them . be it fags , beer ,gambling . there was always someone the lender .
but through life you can meet loads that add 2and 2 and spend 8 .
i,m sure some i went to school with dont even own their own tooth brush . but have fancy holidays new cars , etc . one borrowed 10 grand in 1977 only the other day told me they had a 90 grand mortgage yet still live in the same house. imagine the interest over the years . i knew they were over spending about 20 yrs ago but then they only owed 30 grand . we sat at the same table at juniour -sec modern school . yet i wonder what did he learn?
I knew a man who every year, released the equity in his house. Who is the wiser. His house is mortgaged to the hilt, but he lives a GOOD life. travels well twice a year, to countries my van cant take me, sport car, etc Me on the other hand am trying to keep my debts down so my kids can inherit and get on the property ladder. Sometimes I wonder why as I only have one life, and why do I drive a 17 year old van......? I say to myself.......if only one child a kid, = council house = house for life= buying house for cheap = I can spend your third of inheritance on a great van cause you sorted for life

OP
OP
camperlove

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
. When I was in my 20's, the busses and other forms of transport didn't run all night. If you had to be at work earlier than 6.00 am or finished later than 23.00, your only option was to walk, maybe cadge a lift or get a car.
its not changed today....what makes you think it has? In some areas like mine, its worse.

OP
OP
camperlove

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
Also when we bought the first house the developer tried like mad to sell it is on an endowment mortgage. No matter how many times they explained how rich it would make us, I could not see how it was possible so following what dad always said 'if it sounds too good to be true - it probably isn't', we had a repayment mortgage.
a lot of people fell for what I would call an insurance scam. fortunately my folks were against it and persuade me to take a repayment mortgage.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
a lot of people fell for what I would call an insurance scam. fortunately my folks were against it and persuade me to take a repayment mortgage.
A lot of people knew perfectly well it was risky took one anyway and claimed compensation later a bit like a lot who did the same with ppi !!!.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
another good alternative...wish I had known about it. However would this not reflect on your credit report. ? Only in that, I owed a large mobile phone bill. I refused to pay it until they gave me an explanation on how this is possible. I cancelled the direct debit, and offered to pay £50 a month. This DID reflect on my credit report.
That I appreciate and I'm assuming you kept your mobile still technically active so that you could keep on or resume with sane number when dispute settled.
Apparently but don't quote on this, once the account is CLOSED with both your agreement then it's between you and the company and providing you keep up the agreed amount or more, it's not a credit destroying rating but BOTH parties agree.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back