3rd delivery date

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by dav, May 1, 2010.

1. dav

dav Read Only Funster

Bought an Auto Trail at the Scottish show at the start of the year and the delivery date was April, a month later it went to May 15th This week it goes to June sometime.
    I have my holidays booked and plan a run down to Spain at the end of June. I am worried June turns into July and my trip is scuppered. I also feel should it come that late in the year I may be as well waiting for an 11 plate. What options do I have ref getting the deposit back from Brownhills and your thoughts on the late delivery please

2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Brownhills? nuff said. Really makes you wonder about aftersales service, should you ever get the chance, hee hee.

3. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

What a bummer,,, does it say on your deposit receipt when delivery is expected ??

If it does you may have a chance of getting out of the deal,, Dont know..

Perhaps one of our trustworthy traders in the club may be able to throw more light on the subject..

4. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Peter ... does that mean he'd get the 5% funsters discount too!!! :Smile:

5. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1: you can't order motorhomes on the website:Doh:the credit card fees would kill the deal stone dead

Peter

6. pablomc

pablomc Funster Life Member

Seems to be a lot a negativity about Brownhills, but in this case maybe it is Autotrail letting them down on delivery dates. Not waning to start a debate, just a thought. :Cool:

7. Euromobil

Euromobil Read Only Funster

we had similar when buying our van. Eventually wrote to dealer giving him four weeks to fulfil the order or refund our deposit. After four weeks got deposit back, ordered another van this time from Brownhills (yes them) order was written as time of the essence, van delivered as ordered, on time, so for us Brownhills were far better than another well known dealer.
    Have to say original dealer did not seem at all perturbed at losing the sale.

8. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

One cannot just keep putting off a delivery date, if a dealer cannot supply within time then a purchaser is perfectly entitled to walk away with his deposit and purchase elsewhere.

Peter

9. Jack the Rev

Jack the Rev Read Only Funster

Not on your own

Dav

I bought an Adria Coral SL from Timberland at last October's NEC Show for delivery in March. Had my suspicions along the way about the delivery of it. I was assured at the February NEC show that all was in order. To cut a long story short they sent e back my deposit.

My advice to you is et your deposit back from Brownhill's and run to a smaller dealer who puts the customer first and provides good service as we did.

I now have abetter motorhome (new) in fact an A class bought from Rodbridge Motorhomes a small family firm of father and son who know how to treat customers. A few years back I bought from Brownhill's and what a disaster. You think it bad now before you pay your money - pay your money and they won't want to know you.

Jack the Rev

10. cowboy

cowboy Deleted User

Autotrail

I called AutoTrail directly and they told me that my vehicle was in production. The problem was the dealer Timberland - cant put into words what a sh.. company they are!:Angry:

11. irlamtrucker

irlamtrucker Read Only Funster

hi,
    we had the same problem with autotrail, we ordered a new arapaho at the nec show in october 2009, this was through travelworld of telford. we were told delivery would be march 2010, we were not to bothered because we were in spain until late march, so we decided on april 1st delivery. when we arrived back from spain late march, we duly unloaded our van, put everything in the spare bedroom-garage -father in laws garage (as you all know how much stuff you carry around with you!!!) at our dissmay, the delivery date had been altered by autotrail, after autotrail telling me personally that pruduction on our particular vehicle would be started in mid march, we since had 3 delivery dates from autotrail, eventually we took delivery on 1st may. i am not a fan of brownhills, after our previous buying experience through them, but, i think this time it may not be their fault, i think this will be down to autotrail. if we ever buy another m/h i will think hard and long before i buy another new vehicle from autotrail

russ