Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Parked next to this one over the weekend (y)
WP_20160722_18_21_42_Pro[1].jpg
WP_20160722_18_20_51_Pro[1].jpg

OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Thruxton @PhilG It belongs to a certain Mr B Nutley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
F1 sidecars, Superbikes & Planes, Bliss
WP_20160722_18_21_20_Pro[1].jpg
WP_20160722_18_21_32_Pro[1].jpg

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
that explains how it got in then, BSB got all posh and went round telling people there vehicles wernt up to minimum standards , guys struggling enough for money to race as it is , getting told they have to get new trucks.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Were you in the paddock? If so, we probably walked past you when meandering around there yesterday. We camped at the circuit from the Friday evening.

OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Yes there from Thursday afternoon till Sunday @RowleyBirkinQC . Im afraid its been like that for working vehicles for years @PhilG accommodation vehicles not so much. we had to buy feather flags to put out side our awnings & things like that ( it was in the rules ) :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Previous post reminded me of something Mrs D did a few seasons back, some of the teams in our paddock started plonking fake plants outside their awning's (which I think looks naff, it's a race meeting FGS not a garden show) anyway we came back in from qualifying & there was a lettuce each side of our awning doorway to a lot of amusement/bemusement to other teams.;)

nobby &noo

Free Member
Jun 12, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
burstner t star 695
Exp
since 2010
My mate Rob was there all weekend selling his gear (151's). His dad Mike and my dad raced grasstrack for years together and lived in the same village West kingsdown up by Brands.

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Yes there from Thursday afternoon till Sunday @RowleyBirkinQC . Im afraid its been like that for working vehicles for years @PhilG accommodation vehicles not so much. we had to buy feather flags to put out side our awnings & things like that ( it was in the rules ) :rolleyes:

I know , I used to work the odd event a few years back but got fed up of all the constant BS.. teams who were running on empty spending money they didn't have, on stuff that brings nothing to the racing. Motocross is going the same way , tracks now chosen on the ability to get big trucks in to the paddock, not for the track itself.

My sponsor was looking at running a team , bit once I showed him what we needed to spend before we turned a wheel , he lost interest. Its ridiculous that guys who put on the show make next to nothing , while the tracks and promotors get rich off the back of them.

nobby &noo

Free Member
Jun 12, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
burstner t star 695
Exp
since 2010
I know , I used to work the odd event a few years back but got fed up of all the constant BS.. teams who were running on empty spending money they didn't have, on stuff that brings nothing to the racing. Motocross is going the same way , tracks now chosen on the ability to get big trucks in to the paddock, not for the track itself.

My sponsor was looking at running a team , bit once I showed him what we needed to spend before we turned a wheel , he lost interest. Its ridiculous that guys who put on the show make next to nothing , while the tracks and promotors get rich off the back of them.
Or getting the acu involved so red tape and pc bs of the health and safety verity put the cost up to the public aswell as the racers,with the vmxdn at farliegh being a prime example

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Or getting the acu involved so red tape and pc bs of the health and safety verity put the cost up to the public aswell as the racers,with the vmxdn at farliegh being a prime example

Too many organisations playing fast and loose with insurance IMO , ACU do a hard job, reasonably well, I have never had an issue with them, but have seen races run with little or no regard for H&S , which all turns nasty .
And funnily enough , today , I have mostly been getting a radiator outlet moved on the RM125 that I am riding at Farleigh

nobby &noo

Free Member
Jun 12, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
burstner t star 695
Exp
since 2010
Too many organisations playing fast and loose with insurance IMO , ACU do a hard job, reasonably well, I have never had an issue with them, but have seen races run with little or no regard for H&S , which all turns nasty .
And funnily enough , today , I have mostly been getting a radiator outlet moved on the RM125 that I am riding at Farleigh
i meant with all the access to pit areas fenced etc,had it at farliegh when they wouldn't let me walk through to international paddock with a bottle of wine jobsworths most of them

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
i meant with all the access to pit areas fenced etc,had it at farliegh when they wouldn't let me walk through to international paddock with a bottle of wine jobsworths most of them
That's just security people... If they were intelligent, they wouldn't be security people.
We just got stopped walking into the pits at Lommel with a bottle of jupiler so it isn't just an English problem.. At teutchenthal, you couldn't even take water in.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back