Free Member
Jun 27, 2013
Hertford
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
since 2012
Hi everyone. First post. I had a transit converted minibus (Home Build) last year and got the bug. I have seen a brilliant American LHD Motorhome for sale from a dealer in Yorkshire. My only concern is the length. Am I likely to encounter and problems driving in the Uk with that sort of length. Campsite parking etc.........

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Welcome to MHF!

You might encounter problems on SOME sites. It will always be best to ring ahead and check before turning up.:thumb:

Upvote 0
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
My previous RV was 31' and i didn't have any problems at all. Very easy to drive, easily maneouvered, accepted on most sites, and above all, so roomy when sited. I now have a 5th wheel trailer/truck combo, the trailer is 30' and coupled together, around 43'. I haven't used it a lot yet, but i get onto the few sites here on the IOM.

Craig

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
We had the largest RV we have ever had on site last week, at 40ft the driver had no problems with the smaller welsh lanes and managed to reverse onto a pitch without touching the grass. We are only a five van CS so if you can drive it :winky: you shouldn't have a lot of problems. Do your homework on each site and entrance before booking. Have fun ! :thumb:

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
mine is 34 ft.
I have to reverse a couple of hundred meters along a single track lane, narrow enough to have the wheels running just on the verge on both sides, then a 90 degree uphill turn into our 11 ft wide drive...still in reverse.

Short answer...No problem on UK roads

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hi everyone. First post. I had a transit converted minibus (Home Build) last year and got the bug. I have seen a brilliant American LHD Motorhome for sale from a dealer in Yorkshire. My only concern is the length. Am I likely to encounter and problems driving in the Uk with that sort of length. Campsite parking etc.........

It depends what sort of camping you want to do. It is the more expensive campsites with manicured lawns and tiny allocated hard standings between privet hedges that give problems. Cheap CL/CS sites are usually a large field that would take a 100 foot RV if you could get one registered.

These US RVs are pretty set up for wild camping, only needing to drop waste every 4 or 5 days, especially if you add a few hundred watts of solar. The cheap CL/CS sites are ideal for them.

However, at 31', you'll find even some of the expensive sites will take you.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back