3 Year Warranty -Marquis (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
At last about ready to buy our first MH. Saw exactly what we want ( Elddis Autoquest 195) at Marquis and others. Just wondered if anyone had experience of dealing with this company in terms of their warranty offer. They are significantly more expensive for the exact same MH as others who would only provide 1 year warranty. The question is then is the 2K price difference and a 3 year warranty really worth it or not ?
I would really value any sensible advice offered
Thank you
Ian

OP
OP
IanF
May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks Jim Now having read these reviews, which if they represent the current situation , has greatly helped .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
The warranty is really only for 1 year, year 2 has a limit of £1000, year 3 is £500, plus their pre-delivery preparation is appalling, think hard before you buy from them

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
Both of our Bessacarr motorhomes were supplied new and
hab-serviced by Marquis Devon.
They were very good on the two or three warranty issues we had and the only grumble I had about them was the length of time it took them to obtain parts from Swift. We waited almost 6 months for a roof ladder to be supplied and fitted.
Overall, I would certainly purchase from them again but unless they become Hymer dealers that is not likely to happen.
Stef.

Jun 23, 2013
Hurworth-on-Tees, Darlington, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
Since July 2013 but been camping for 25+ years
We bought our van second hand from Marquis (not a brand they normally deal in, but it was a trade-in and at an excellent price) and although there was nothing specific wrong, I certainly wouldn't be in a rush to buy from them again. We haven't had a reason to use the warranty, but as we took it somewhere else for a hab check and somewhere else for engine service, I'm not convinced they'd honour it anyway.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We got a three year rac warranty (£500) when we bought this van. Used it once for the throttle body repair.. Thats our money back and no quibble at all from warranty people

OP
OP
IanF
May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks guys -I'm convinced that I should buy elsewhere

Ian

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Dead right, we bought a van that had been used as a demonstrator, small problems, nightmare to solve. Sales reps will tell you that they are part of the Autosleeper group, so faults and repairs fixed quickly. Don't you believe it. Communication from both was C!!!. And they could tell a straight story, if their lives depended on it.

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
Try Brownhills at Newark the warranty is ok and I think they have extended it to 3years since we got our van. I use my own garage were I live to do any repairs even when it was under warranty and it was ok . Brownhills have not got a good service records for fixing things. But to be fair they have got better. I would defiantly buy from them again . As we will be next year.

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
There are always wide variations of opinion on ALL dealerships. Some people have a great purchasing experience, some not.
I bought new from Marquis, got a reasonable deal on my old van and had a few very minor issues dealt with under warranty. They have just reminded me that I have a 'snag' in one the cab curtains - which I missed! That too will be dealt with when I take it in for a hab' check in January.

Just my personal experience with them, but I found them ok. Sales staff were friendly and knowledgeable - always returned phone calls etc. Price-wise, they are at the upper end, but managed to get a few freebies thrown in as part of the deal (like a bike rack and better TV aerial).

The 195 is a great 'van. I have one of their bespoke 155's and have been impressed. Loads of 240v socket outlets and other handy bits. OK, so it's not a Carthago but it ain't 70k either!

Hope that help?
Reg's
James

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back