DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Balloonman

Yes the Password is also "admin" as matamoros says. The only thing is that maybe your dongle has not been okayed for International. I had had my dongle for years and have just changed to a Mifi and when I spoke to 3 they checked and were able to confirm mine was Ok for International. If you have a 3 phone try phoning them if you continue to have a problem and have the numbers on the sim available and they can change that for you if it is switched off.

Regarding connection we have just returned from France and used our 3 Phone and 3 Mifi. When needed the Phone always got a signal but occasionally the Mifi could not connect. You may be in such a place which for us was usually in more isolated places. The one place that surprised me that I could not get a signal was the Rugles Aire as Rugles is a reasonably large place.

We should all remember that France is 3 times the size of the UK and very rural. We have problems getting mobile signals in some areas of the UK and they are usually the rural ones. Considering some of the more remote areas we visit in our MH's its hardly surprising we draw a blank occasionally.

One thing I did find was that whilst my phones will connect to the Mifi in the UK they would not connect to it in France. Again I assume this is something to do with whoever the Mobile Broadband provider is.

All said and done once you have got your 3 phone or 3 Mifi working there it is a great facility with very reasonable download speeds and long may it continue and the more countries it covers the better.

Doug

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Sorry to hear you are now concerned I am sure there could be a solution.

If you can get normal Wifi somewhere why don't you log into your My3 account for the Dongle and then send 3 a message about it and they may be able to switch it on if needed or help you out.

Doug

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Jon

This is from "3" website. Hope it may help.

"Connecting your Mobile Wi-Fi to the internet while roaming abroad

Your Mobile Wi-Fi isn’t set up to automatically connect to the internet while roaming abroad, to prevent you from incurring unexpected data usage and charges.

Although you can roam abroad in one of our Feel At Home destinations at no extra cost, there may be occasions when you are near a border or in an unsupported location which doesn’t support Feel At Home.

If you change your settings to automatically connect to the internet, you might connect to another network and incur additional roaming charges in these circumstances.

We don’t recommend that you make this change, but if you would like to do so, please follow the steps below:
  1. Go to the homepage then click on Connection settings.
    • If you have a Huawei device, open up a new internet browser and type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar, then press enter.
    • If you have a ZTE device (excluding Windows 8, 8.1), open up a new internet browser and type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, then press enter.
  2. Enter the password: admin
  3. Enable the Data Roaming option.
    • If you have a ZTE device on Windows 8 or 8.1, click on Settings Charm > Network > Mobile Broadband connection > Activate Roam automatically

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back