3 way fridge again (1 Viewer)

emptagetanya

Free Member
Mar 2, 2010
Funster No
Hi, I have posted a message before about my fridge, it wouldnt work on 12 volt, to cut a long story short, I took it to be repaired, great it worked, it cost £325 inc a couple of other small jobs, I was just glad to have it working again, as we are going away shortly we tested the fridge on 240 & gas which worked fine before, I cant believe it neither of them work, the 240 switch is lit and you can feel warmth coming out of the fridge vents, but it wont cool, same with gas the piolet light is lit and again there is warmth from the fridge vents but it wont cool, as I said they worked perfectly before going infor repair, any ideas please this fridge is driving us daft.:Sad:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi ARE YOU NOW SAYING THAT YOU paid £345 and it is not working ??? It sounds as if it is a gassing problem if that is what you are asking ? This can sometimes be cured by tipping the unit on it's back or upside down for a bit then reinstalling it.
terry

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
take it back you could buy a new one for that get them to fix it properly :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

VMax666

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Knutsford
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2yrs
Don't forget it only works on 12v when the engine is running, also on 12v it will only maintain the cold temperature, normally cool it down on mains or gas before setting off . Sorry if you know this but your post didn't make it sure. VMax

OP
OP
E

emptagetanya

Free Member
Mar 2, 2010
Funster No
Hopefully Solved

:thumb: Thanks for all your replies, I think we have solved the mystery, we have recently put our motorhome on our drive, which is on quite an incline, after searching on several websites I found an article about the problems we were having, we had no idea that due to the motorhome being parked on an incline the gases in the cooling system for the fridge did not function as they should, as soon as we put the van on even ground and tested the 240 & gas on the fridge it works fine, our worry now is that we could have done some damage to the cooling system by testing the fridge for several hours on a slope, I've heard that this can cause crystalising in the cooling system, could we have caused any damage to the fridge, many thanks.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
No, absorbtion fridges have no moving parts and it is most unlikey that you have harmed it.

Correct, but they can be damaged if used on a slope for too long ..

Electrolux Information

If the list does not exceed 8° cooling is usually resumed when the refrigerator returns to the upright position, but if it does exceed 8°, the burner should be extinguished or the electricity supply disconnected, as applicable soon after the list has occurred otherwise the cooling unit may become damaged due to overheating of the boiler.

OP
OP
E

emptagetanya

Free Member
Mar 2, 2010
Funster No
Thanks to everyone who helped, I feel better that the ridge should be ok, its working fine.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back