3 Points and £60 fine ?? (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Just say it was an emergency. You'd been in the pub all afternoon and were dying for a pee :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
If it is a solid white line your side of the double white line or parking on a zebra crossing zig zag its an endorsement i.e. 3 points but seldom enforced. BUSBY.
Yes a friend of mine got an endorsement on his licence for parking on the zigzags. It was a long time ago, though

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
From the govt website:https://www.gov.uk/parking-tickets/paying-a-ticket

You’ll only get penalty points on your licence for certain types of parking FPN, eg for leaving a vehicle in a dangerous position.

But of course you stopped (not parked) because a sheep was crossing, the vehicle misfired, a warning light came on or you heard a loud "bang" and thought you had a puncture - thus to proceed would have been dangerous

Engine on, wheels rolling, you weren't parked

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I don't understand the need for a sign anyway. It's illegal, it applies everywhere, and it's obviously dangerous to do so.

I think the signs are there because of the number of people that park at weekends in that location for the walks etc and presumably were ignoring the double white line parking rules.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I don't understand the need for a sign anyway. It's illegal, it applies everywhere, and it's obviously dangerous to do so.
Quite agree.
You'd have failed your driving test if you had done that during it (and they'd have seem no sheep). Double white lines are there for good reason.
So now you know :)
(But surely it was obvious)

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Quite agree.
You'd have failed your driving test if you had done that during it (and they'd have seem no sheep). Double white lines are there for good reason.
So now you know :)
(But surely it was obvious)

Yes it was that is why I moved on immediately, at first it looked as if there was room for me at the end without touching the accompanying kerbside white line, but there wasn't .

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I think it's because of the double white lines, should not park where they are. But how do you define parking, I didn't switch off, apply handbrake or get out of car, I consider that stopping, not parking.
Will sweat on this one :)
Good excuse is that you stopped to READ THE NOTICE . and then complied.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Not sure it is a good defence, but the sign is almost certainly out of date, I am sure the financial penalty is now higher, a technical excuse maybe

I got my first points for parking partly on zig zag lines, they were fairly new in the early 70's and I opted not to partly block the road by double parking, rarely penalised in those days, had about 3 ft of my car on zig zags and a copper happened along. at least he didn't see I had not taxed the car for long enough to pay the about same as the fine :LOL:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
:cautious: Yes, I have locked up people like you Larry, think they are above the law. I reckon you are guilty, and feel that your licence should be revoked, a heavy fine, and at least 10 points in your licence, and a re-test before being allowed back on the road. You are obviously a danger to other road users and to the Peak district.

Craig

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
:cautious: Yes, I have locked up people like you Larry, think they are above the law. I reckon you are guilty, and feel that your licence should be revoked, a heavy fine, and at least 10 points in your licence, and a re-test before being allowed back on the road. You are obviously a danger to other road users and to the Peak district.

Craig

"Oi".......... You.......... stop avin a go at my Bro........ he cant` help it if he reads slow...

And remember Bro.......... Points make prizes... what do points make... :giggler:

Good game... good game... :groan:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I think @DavidG58 is correct about fines being higher now. I know they increased it in Scotland from £60 to £100...I fell foul and had to cough up.

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004

Craig

You silly old sod, :p the laws are different where you are on puffin island :rofl::rofl:

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
"Oi".......... You.......... stop avin a go at my Bro........ he cant` help it if he reads slow...

And remember Bro.......... Points make prizes... what do points make... :giggler:

Good game... good game... :groan:

You tell im Bro, he's still riding a BSA Bantam around that little ol island :RollEyes:

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I think @DavidG58 is correct about fines being higher now. I know they increased it in Scotland from £60 to £100...I fell foul and had to cough up.

I think any fine would have to be the same as on the notice but I have had a clean licence since 1961 so don't want any points now :(

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
It looks like a single white line until you enlarge the Picture. But I suppose you can see why they done it. A long line of parked cars would cause a right issue!. Of course LOGICALLY they could just have made a Lay-by? whereby the plebs might enjoy the countryside, but that is asking too much of our "overworked" and "underpaid" Local Authority(s). and "planners".:D:whistle:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Of course LOGICALLY they could just have made a Lay-by? whereby the plebs might enjoy the countryside,
Any idea what that would cost the council tax payers of Derbyshire Dales to buy part of the farmer's field and construct a lay-by in a field which is dropping away from the road?

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Any idea what that would cost the council tax payers of Derbyshire Dales to buy part of the farmer's field and construct a lay-by in a field which is dropping away from the road?

Not a clue, But the country generally Takes Far More off the motoring public in General than it EVER spends, So Of the Motoring revenue Budget I would think the cost would be minuscule?.

Pete

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Not a clue, But the country generally Takes Far More off the motoring public in General than it EVER spends, So Of the Motoring revenue Budget I would think the cost would be minuscule?.

Pete
Tax collection connected with motoring has been part of general taxation for years. That simply doesn't wash.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Tax collection connected with motoring has been part of general taxation for years. That simply doesn't wash.

Does with me. Always has, Always will. The Govt has been stealing off the motorist for Decades and using the cash to boost General Taxation. What was described in recent times as "Stealth Taxation". So if you drive a vehicle you are Subsidising the rest of Society.

(""Dont steal""! your Government dislikes competition.) Was for many years the "bumper Sticker" on my R-V!!!!.:D

Pete

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Does with me. Always has, Always will. The Govt has been stealing off the motorist for Decades and using the cash to boost General Taxation. What was described in recent times as "Stealth Taxation". So if you drive a vehicle you are Subsidising the rest of Society.

(""Dont steal""! your Government dislikes competition.) Was for many years the "bumper Sticker" on my R-V!!!!.:D

Pete
Given that most people drive a vehicle these days (and many families have more than one) then there isn't much "rest of society" to subsidise is there?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
From the govt website:https://www.gov.uk/parking-tickets/paying-a-ticket

But of course you stopped (not parked) because a sheep was crossing, the vehicle misfired, a warning light came on or you heard a loud "bang" and thought you had a puncture - thus to proceed would have been dangerous

Engine on, wheels rolling, you weren't parked

None of which counts if you stop ,or even break down, on a "red route" with double red lines.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
even break down, on a "red route" with double red lines
The car might be towed and/or a PCN issued but any charge should be refunded. See this story by a Telegraph journalist.

Note the statement in the story - "We have people leaving breakdown notes all the time who just need a parking space," said the spokeswoman, not unreasonably, "so we have to be sure that they really have broken down. Red routes are just five per cent of London roads and yet they carry 35 per cent of traffic. We tow breakdowns because they are obstructive and we have to keep London moving safely."

Another case of innocent people falling victim to the actions of cheats.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back