3 Network Data SIM bargain... (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Spotted the offer below on another forum.

It is for a mobile Data SIM card on the very popular to us motor homers 3 network

The 3 Data SIM card is in store just now for £30. You get 12 Gb of data which lasts for 12 months from when you start using it.

You can use the SIM in the UK and most of Europe.

This SIM cost £79 last year but is on offer right now for £30.

Note. The staff in 3 stores have no idea of the current offer. When they scan the barcode on the package though it will come up as costing £30.

These SIM cards are on offer but worth knowing is each store has an allotment of them and when they are gone they are gone.

My belief and what I was told in store is that you can start using the SIM at any time. Could be now or in a year or twos time. Once activated which involves simply putting the SIM into your device the 12 month period starts ticking.

If you use all the data you can top up the card.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
They ran that offer late last year but when I went to get one in December was told the deal was finished
?
Has it restarted or was the info a bit out of date ?

OldWomble

Free Member
Feb 22, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
AS Kemerton XL
Exp
25 years
Deals on their website right now - just checked it!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
On their website @£30.

Attachments

• PricePlan Details.pdf
    8.7 KB · Views: 24
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Bit confusing it says 12 gb then says what 12 a month will give you and it says broadband not data, and goes on to say what it will work on but no mention of mobiles just computers, maybe me(n)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Despite entering correct card details couldn't complete order and says go to one of their stores???

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
The best deal at the moment is to buy a MiFi from CarPhone Warehouse

Broken Link Removed

then use your 3 sim with it

there is a long thread about it here.
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum...n-at-carphone-warehouse-for-£20-quick.126123/

SO be sure to cancel asap after you have the number and it will cost you £20 or buy it from amazon for £87.

Amazon product ASIN B00YFIDCJO
A mifi allows you to connect 10 or so wifi enabled devices to it.

then manage the MiFi with the Huawei app from your app store.

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
They ran that offer late last year but when I went to get one in December was told the deal was finished
?
Has it restarted or was the info a bit out of date ?

Not sure my friend... I heard about the deal last week and went into the 3 store and picked up a SIM...

I tried to buy one last September before we went to France when they were 79 quid but our local store didnt have any so I paid through the nose to ensure we had enough data. I know we can top up from abroad but not being very clever on computers I wanted is sorted before we left..

The operatives in stores quite simply have little or no idea about the current deal. It is not actually an "offer" as such.

What it is is that they have a certain amount of these cards at the advantageous price. Well thats what I was told and it turned out to be bang on when I went into store. Wee girl said she hadnt a clue so went and fetched the SIM in its packaging scanned it and up it came at 30 nicker.

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Bit confusing it says 12 gb then says what 12 a month will give you and it says broadband not data, and goes on to say what it will work on but no mention of mobiles just computers, maybe me(n)

My interpretation of a data SIM is that we buy data that allows us to access that tinterweb fingy..

We use the SIM in a Heuwie internet dongle fingy. I can connect to the fingy with my Ipad my lap top or mobile phone. So a few devices the fingy allows us to use.

Please bear in mind im a bit fik when it comes to fingys so may misunderstand what they all do.

All I know is the current 3 SIM at 30 quid and lasts 12 months is a bargain so I wanted all you lot to know..

Now where did I leave me fingy .........................:D

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We bought one of those last year for £79 - worked great from Norway to Italy. Would recommend

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
My interpretation of a data SIM is that we buy data that allows us to access that tinterweb fingy..

We use the SIM in a Heuwie internet dongle fingy. I can connect to the fingy with my Ipad my lap top or mobile phone. So a few devices the fingy allows us to use.

Please bear in mind im a bit fik when it comes to fingys so may misunderstand what they all do.

All I know is the current 3 SIM at 30 quid and lasts 12 months is a bargain so I wanted all you lot to know..

Now where did I leave me fingy .........................:D
Not knocking it mate, just a bit confused, that's me not you(y)

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I SHOULD HAVE SAID ABOVE.................

This is a Pay As Yo Go SIM. So no contracts No tie ins . You get what you pay for and time to use it.

Up till now we have bought data and never used it all. After 30 days whatever data was left was taken away. Dont have a problem paying for anything but it used to hack me off when the Product I had paid for was confiscated because I had not used it. Standard data life on most networks is just 30 days. After that you loose any remaining.

With this SIM you get 12 months to use that 12gb of data.

For us that is enough for 12 months internet while we are away. Need more ? Buy two !

The second card if you buy one will not start its 12 month life till we start to use it. (y)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
So that download is wrong then , if you get 12 g year, why does it tell you what you can get 12g a month
This is what is on the offer page and when you click on the Plan Details it opens the previous screen.

Attachments

• 3 offer.jpg
    3 offer.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 18

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
If you buy a second 3 PAYG £30x12gbx365 then you have to initialise it in the UK before you can use it abroad. Similarly if you buy a 3 pay monthly sim you are constrained by how much you can use it abroad. Do your research.

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
If you buy a second 3 PAYG £30x12gbx365 then you have to initialise it in the UK before you can use it abroad. Similarly if you buy a 3 pay monthly sim you are constrained by how much you can use it abroad. Do your research.

Thank you for your most valuable information..... Don't expect thanks but don't expect to get told to do research either...

Next time I find a bargain that may benefit others I will say sod all.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
I pointed out that a plan of using 2 sims over a year will not work unless the sims are initialised in the UK before using them. I have been buying and ditching payg 3 sims since 2012 so gave that warning. I also pointed out that pay monthly sims are constrained in their use abroad. I have not used a pay monthly sim abroad so do not know the terms and conditions therefore was advising anyone planning to do so to look at the small print because you cannot use them continuously abroad. I am sorry if this has offended you in some way but did not feel the need to look up the monthly information having not used the option or planned to use the option.

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I pointed out that a plan of using 2 sims over a year will not work unless the sims are initialised in the UK before using them. I have been buying and ditching payg 3 sims since 2012 so gave that warning. I also pointed out that pay monthly sims are constrained in their use abroad. I have not used a pay monthly sim abroad so do not know the terms and conditions therefore was advising anyone planning to do so to look at the small print because you cannot use them continuously abroad. I am sorry if this has offended you in some way but did not feel the need to look up the monthly information having not used the option or planned to use the option.

Not offended but the Do your research comment was just ridiculous..

All I did in posting the above information was to give a heads up to anyone who might just want a contract free good value lasting SIM with which to gain access to the Internet while away. Nowt more Nowt less.

I have said above I know little about computers or how these cards work other than installing one in a device like the Heuwie many of us have will give the above.

Perhaps you should choose your words more carefully.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Do your research is not ridiculous, the information given by PapaJohn states twice that terms apply, I was highlighting that requirement. If someone bought the payg or monthly sim and took it abroad without initialising they would be severely disappointed when it did not work, similarly there are other constraints on monthly sims. People have a wide variety of requirements and need to understand that 3 envisages their normal user as someone taking a two week break once a year and perhaps a week in the winter not motorhomers who spend more time using the sim abroad than in the UK. I really don't understand why you are offended or upset. Of course everyone needs to do their own research about their planned use to ensure they do not fall foul of the terms and conditions.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Forgive me for saying so but I have been posting details about the '3' sims for a while - see the various Carphone Warehouse mifi threads! :)

However it is always worth posting again about things like this as the threads soon disappear from the front page of the forum! (y)

Aug 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
What do you mean by initialised in the UK?

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Bet no one can beat my package, even the guy at 3 was amazed. 3gb for 0.86p per month. :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back