3 mobile feel at home. (1 Viewer)

Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
Do not fall into the trap of this company. We purchased feel at home with the assurance that 20 gb could be used in several countries. At £23 a month we thought it was a great deal. And so it was UNTIL we hit 60 days. It was then abruptly cut off with no warning. They don't tell you this when you purchase.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Do not fall into the trap of this company. We purchased feel at home with the assurance that 20 gb could be used in several countries. At £23 a month we thought it was a great deal. And so it was UNTIL we hit 60 days. It was then abruptly cut off with no warning. They don't tell you this when you purchase.
What sort of contract are you on, is it phone or data, because no one else has had any problems , data useuallly lasts as long as it says on the can , but £23 a month is a lot of money, you can get 12 months for that.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I had 3 and they cut me off completely whilst we were in France. Same as you-no warning at all except after I had been back in UK for 14 days then I got a message to tell me!
They also said I hadn't topped up my phone for 12 months and had taken my number etc away from me. My phone had been topped up regularly and was in credit!
I'm now with GiffGaff who are quite happy to let me use my phone where I like!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

Yes they do. It's made perfectly clear. You don't even need to plough through the T&Cs.

http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI...=roaming,varset_subcat=4157,Case=Ext(EM38751)

I'm no fan of 3, quite the opposite, but for once they aren't at fault here.

£23 per month for 20gig is a very good deal if you're using that much data every month, 20gb is a hell of a lot. If you're not such a heavy user then the preloaded SIMs work out pretty similar in cost but the allowance lasts 1 or 2 years so you only need to pay for a new one once you've used it up rather than every month no matter what which I think is what @chaser is referring to.

Last edited by a moderator:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The Three Feel at Home is restricted to two months use outside the UK. Sorry you didn't see that but I thought this was well known as it has been endlessly discussed on here. It is shown somewhere on their website.
If you use PAYG sims you just need to have several so you can swap as they expire. With a contract you are stuck I think to the 60 days.
However, there are some nuances, for example if you used it in Europe for 3 weeks then brought it back to the UK and used it here for a few moments it resets the clock to zero as it is only complete months which count. Similarly, if you used it for 7 weeks and brought it back and switched it on you would lose only one month. The trick is to use the sim in the UK on return. If you don't the clock keeps ticking.
Of course, it all may change on June 15th when roaming charges are ended, but who knows what restrictions there may be in the details. :) I would be surprised if we suddenly get unlimited data at UK prices but delighted to be proven wrong. :)

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Vodafone are offering 50gb for £30 per month 30 day contract, data only

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
My wife and I used our phones (3) for 8 months And also 6 months whill in spain and portugal with no problems.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Vodafone are offering 50gb for £30 per month 30 day contract, data only

I enquired at vodaphone about use abroad last year and they were less than helpful and to use abroad was going to cost mega bucks.

I used 3 data without issues all was explained to me before I bought including limits.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Did you tell them you would be abroad for more than 60 days?

OP
OP
lindylou
Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
We were told when we bought it in Currys that we would have 20 gigabytes per month overseas. Found out later that it was only 12 allowed but that was fine. We were away in autumn winter time and used it no problem for 12 weeks. Perhaps my problem was not having used it at home while we were there. Just started using it again in Belgium 3 weeks ago. Should probably have read the terms and conditions better.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back