3 Mobile Dongle upgrade (1 Viewer)

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
3 Mobile advised me, about three weeks ago, that an upgrade was available for downloading to my E1550 dongle, for free. :Smile:

After downloading it, the laptop switched off and restarted again, indicating all was well. I then activated the dongle to access the Web, and a popup appeared stating "3conect is not working":cry:

After reinstalling several times, still the sme popup.:Doh:

Next I uninstalled 3 mobile, and transfered my sim to a MF627 dongle, (the £4.95 job, I purchased intending to unlock, but not done so yet)...well it installed the software and I again had connection.:RollEyes:

With this knowledge, I went to our local 3 shop, explained what had happened, and before I had finished, they said "yes, there was an error in the download, here is a number which has been setup to help and talk you through the correction procedure".....seemed good so far. When I tried to contact the help line it was "no longer available"....back to 3 the next day, explained all.....they tried the number.....they saw I had laptop with me and offered to sort it for me......30 minutes later no go......dial another number, pass phone to me.......talked through correction procedures.....no joy.....battery low.....3 ask me what time they could ring me.....agree a time.....this call lasts about 90 minutes....no joy.....they suggest a fault in laptop and return it to supplier or pc clinic.:Angry:

Laptop given a clean bill of health....so I return my E1550 dongle to 3 shop and ask them to return to technical support for repair or replacement....they agree.:RollEyes:

I retain sim card and use it in MF627 with no problems.

E1550 returned 10 days later, with covering letter..."no fault found":ROFLMAO:

Has any funster had the same experience?

Can any funster offer an explanation, or action I can take to correct this problem?

I have tried system restore to a created date before this started, without success.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.:thumb:

Nomadic

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
sorry I cannot be much help on this one as you seem to have done all the things I would have suggested but a word of warning to me and others not to upgrade as I also have a 3 dongle, sorry for your problems though, it must be very annoying.hope you get it sorted soon?

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I upgraded and had no problems. AlsoI got a new upgraded dongle when I changed my contract this week and no problems with that neither. ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I wished I could help but having your computer to hand it makes it impossible, I can only tell you that I too have upgraded a Three.co dongle , the E122 model and had no problems at all.

You could try this....

Go into your control panel and delete the program that is giving you the problem.

Reboot the computer

And re-install

Doug...

OP
OP
nomadic
Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Just got back and on line.

Trish - n - Tel...Yes, "if its working don't mend it" comes to mind!! Thanks for your good wishes.

Ken....Yes, I upgraded the dongle at contract renewal, no problems at all....until now!

Doug.....Thanks, yes we have deleted from the control panel, evan "3" were surprised when that failed to allow the reinatatement and activation of the E1550.

To sum up, a letter is now drafted, and I shall be returning the dongle again, "for further investigation, or replacement."

Once more thanks for all your contributions:thumb:

Nomadic

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back