3 hollowed out spuds and a pea (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Stood and watched a group of guys attempting the 3 cup and a pea "game" yesterday on Levante prom wondering if anyone would actually fall for it and have a go.

One of em said to me "you aught to have a go mate, loads of people are winning" (another cheer as someone wins €50)

Your right says I, I'll just go to the bank and withdraw my life savings :hi:

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
The profit doesn't necessarily come from the pea game, it comes from the wallets and phones and stuff that is lifted from your pockets whilst you are watching. Don't even go near!

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Yes. Even the English newspapers warn you of their scams. Watch your pockets. They are very clever, and quick you wont even notice they are doing it, until you find something missing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP

Deleted User
You mean I had no chance of actually winning ::bigsmile:

Damn, he was so convincing :giggler:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I watched a couple of games on beach. They do a really good variation. Stooge1 wins a couple of €50 euro notes. You have to match the bet, so if Mr Potato man is holding up €50 that is the bet, choose correctly you get his €50.

A bit of shouty banter and the stage is set; group of Dutch onlookers. (victims) Stooge 2 Shouts and pulls the arm of the potato man and he turns away from the table for just a moment. Quick as a flash stooge one lifts the left potato and there is the pea, the dutch victims see it too.. Trap set.

Now suddenly his attention back at thetable, the potato man decides he want a big bet and holds up 500 euros. Stooge one is excited he knows where the pea is. He asks for help, he only has €100, the victims know where the pea is, they've seen it They're a little reluctant, but when the Potato man agrees that girlfriend of Stooge 3 can hold the money, they get their €50's out ready to cheat the man and double their money betting on a certainty. They know where the pea is. In fact stooge 1 hasn't taken his finger off the potato (guarding it)

So, the girls holds the money, more shouting, Mr Potato man starts. Stooge one removes his finger from their chosen potato and they all watch it like a hawk He slides all three potatoes two inches toward them and asks 'which one?' They all point to the potato on the left. Mr Potato slider lifts and there is no pea, they lift the centre potato and there is the pea (the sleight is very easy to do when you know how)

Quick as a flash as the victims are looking confused the woman hands over the money to Mr potato and she and the stooges split very fast in all directions. A young lad runs in and rescues the table and runs away with it while the victims argue among themselves. :rofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back