Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi all
Just received a email alerting me that if i wasnt successful recently in their free give away of Dongle's please try again

3dongle4free.co.uk

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I got this also. However, I have 2 from the same company which I bought for about a fiver. I have unlocked mine and now use with an 02 iphone sim - unlimited web access for 12 months after topping up a tenner. They are a bit slow here but they do work.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I got this also. However, I have 2 from the same company which I bought for about a fiver. I have unlocked mine and now use with an 02 iphone sim - unlimited web access for 12 months after topping up a tenner. They are a bit slow here but they do work.

Hi Dave

I heard about this from another member , do you have a link for the iPhone O2 sim .. ?

and what's the easiest/cheapest way to unlock a 3 dongle ?

cheers

Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

gogocrosby

Free Member
Apr 2, 2009
Morpeth, Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
12 years
Just tried to re-apply, got the message that the email address already exists, of course it does. They sent the invoice last time but no voucher code for discount.

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
You can get a free PAYG USB dongle from 02 with a months usage free.

(Well - £14.67 + £15 for months access, but then £29.67 cashback via quidco - so in effect free).

With 1% credit card cashback means I'm 30p up :)

I already have a contact 3 mobile broadband but will probably cancel due to end of "3 at home"

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi Dave

I heard about this from another member , do you have a link for the iPhone O2 sim .. ?

and what's the easiest/cheapest way to unlock a 3 dongle ?

cheers

Jim
just google unlock 3 dongle there is free software out there to unlock. Some systems you need to buy credits but as I read it dongles are free, give it a go, don't have a 3 signal here so never been able to use mine yet.
Dc-unlocker | Credits

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Jim

I got mine from Ebay for about 2.99. See other posts re unlocking - unlock software only works with XP not vista

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thanks everyone

unlocked the 3 dongle with Dc Unlocker .. cost €15 , (works on Vista)
tested with a TMobile sim and got it to work :Smile:

Ordered the O2 iPhone sim from ebay, item 36016515858 £3.99

+ £10 top up = 12 months web and wifi for £13.99

Cheers

Jim

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
how do i find out which model i have ?
And is it ok to unlock it while still on contract?

its a T mobile web n walk stick 111 made by HUAWEI

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
how do i find out which model i have ?
And is it ok to unlock it while still on contract?

its a T mobile web n walk stick 111 made by HUAWEI

Hi John

The model should be on the back of the stick .. but it don't matter, the D Unlock software auto searches and identifies the dongle.. and if it's not supported nothing lost .. you don't buy credits to unlock until it's positively identified it

Can't say whether it affects your contract or not but I can't see how it would, mine still works with 3 PAYG .. maybe someone else knows for sure ?

There is a good support forum on the D Unlock site

After unlocking I went into the settings of the 3 Dashboard and added TMobile ..

Jim

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Thanks everyone

Cheers

Jim
no longer available, never mind another one will be along in a min.
by the way I read it that a dongle could be unlocked fee unlimited, did I get it wrong or did you not go to the right place.

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
no longer available, never mind another one will be along in a min.
by the way I read it that a dongle could be unlocked fee unlimited, did I get it wrong or did you not go to the right place.

my mistake .. ebay item number is 360165158580

I unlocked using DUnlock don't see how it can be free..

I tried the free site but my dongle model either wasn't listed or I didn't see it :Doh:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
the free unlocker link works on the free dongle 3 are giving away at the moment its a zte 627 costs just under a fiver for pandp .sorry for the confusion Jim thought the link may be of some use to ppl sending for a free one, i found an iphone 02 card like you have sent for does a 10£ credit really last a year if you just use it on data? seems very cheap way of mobile internet:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
i found an iphone 02 card like you have sent for does a 10£ credit really last a year if you just use it on data? seems very cheap way of mobile internet:thumb:

hi

it does seem too good to be true, ( no such thing as a free lunch and all that ) ..
I guess there is only one way to find out but if it gets too popular O2 could pull the plug ..

at £13.99 worth a punt though .. :thumb:

jim

wkdtroll

Free Member
Jul 29, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
VW T5 Conversion
Exp
7 years
Hi

Whatever you do get the 3 dongle unlocked - I am touring Scandinavia at the moment and apart from denmark and Sweden I have not been able to use the dongle - it will not roam using any other network other than 3!!!! (despite what it claims on the website - pants!!!:Angry:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
hi

it does seem too good to be true, ( no such thing as a free lunch and all that ) ..
I guess there is only one way to find out but if it gets too popular O2 could pull the plug ..

at £13.99 worth a punt though .. :thumb:

jim

when you try the 02 card let us know how you go on Jim im sure lots of us are interested enough to buy 1 if you get it to work:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
when you try the 02 card let us know how you go on Jim im sure lots of us are interested enough to buy 1 if you get it to work:thumb:

o2 sim arrived yesterday, put it in the phone, activated and topped up with £10

Now the fun started, I had trouble getting it to work on my PC lappy, I may have a conflict with other connections so gave up and stuck the dongle in the Mac ..whoopee.. enetered the o2 settings and in two minutes it was connected.. connection speed is fast here , better than 3 ..
so I used it for about 30mins, downloaded some stuff then decided to check usage by putting the sim in the phone, credit is still £10.22 .. result.. but early days.. only time will tell if it's free for a year ..

hth

Jim

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Success on the PC lappy .. now connected :Smile:

download speed 560kbps upload 319kbps .. not bad at all for a 3g connection

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Thanks everyone

Cheers

Jim

Jim....I have looked on Ebay for the top you purcased under the number above ..have you got a digit wrong as it says it does not exist....would you let me know if it works ok and if it works in france
thank you Mel

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Jim....I have looked on Ebay for the top you purcased under the number above ..have you got a digit wrong as it says it does not exist....would you let me know if it works ok and if it works in france
thank you Mel

Hi

here is the link .. but I noticed the price has gone up to £5.99 .. must be getting a rush of orders

Link Removed

don't know about France but I'll try to get some info

Jim

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Flashing the 3 Dongle (pardon?)

Despite the fact that, following instructions, I successfully flashed the "free" 3 Dongle, I have this morning successfully connected to the internet via the original 3 sim card provided.

I did buy an O2 sim card for the iPhone, but got lost trying to follow the advice. The instructions that came with the card state that I have to "activate" it by connecting my iPhone (which I don't own) to iTunes on my computer. I wasn't willing to "risk" £10 on the card in the hope that it will work. I will let others do that!

So I put £10 credit on the 3 sim card, and a few minutes later, I was able to convert the credit to mobile broadband, and have 1GB of download available for up to 30 days.

I will let you know how I get on.

(sorry - duplicated some information from the previous post!)

In the meantime, if you are still looking for an O2 sim card to connect to the internet, they are available on eBay currently under item number 360165158580. Note that the price has gone up (which does rather suggest they work!) to £5.99, and if you are successful in "activating" it, please let me know.

Steve

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Despite the fact that, following instructions, I successfully flashed the "free" 3 Dongle, I have this morning successfully connected to the internet via the original 3 sim card provided.

I did buy an O2 sim card for the iPhone, but got lost trying to follow the advice. The instructions that came with the card state that I have to "activate" it by connecting my iPhone (which I don't own) to iTunes on my computer. I wasn't willing to "risk" £10 on the card in the hope that it will work. I will let others do that!

So I put £10 credit on the 3 sim card, and a few minutes later, I was able to convert the credit to mobile broadband, and have 1GB of download available for up to 30 days.

I will let you know how I get on.

(sorry - duplicated some information from the previous post!)

In the meantime, if you are still looking for an O2 sim card to connect to the internet, they are available on eBay currently under item number 360165158580. Note that the price has gone up (which does rather suggest they work!) to £5.99, and if you are successful in "activating" it, please let me know.

Steve

see my previous post.. ignore all the guff from o2 about itunes , activate on any gprs phone,( i use an old nokia 6310i) top up with £10 and it works,, i'm using it now
jim

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I don't have a gprs phone, only a Free 3 dongle will it work in that or not please.

Hi Roger ,

the sim needs activating and topped up before it can be used with the dongle.

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Just how do you activate?

Appreciate the advice, Jim, and after all, I am only committed to 3 for £10 at the moment. Just what do you do to activate? My phone is just a GSM model, but my son has an O2 GPRS phone, and I am sure I can persuade him to let me slot the sim card in. Is the act of doing that enough to activate?

Steve

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Appreciate the advice, Jim, and after all, I am only committed to 3 for £10 at the moment. Just what do you do to activate? My phone is just a GSM model, but my son has an O2 GPRS phone, and I am sure I can persuade him to let me slot the sim card in. Is the act of doing that enough to activate?

Steve

Hi

when you put the sim in the phone it contacts o2 and activates automatically , o2 send a text with wap settings which you accept , you then top up by calling o2 on 4444 , have a debit card handy and follow the voice instructions. takes about 3 min.

I wouldn't use your son's phone, it may mess up his settings.. not sure .. to be safe try your own GSM phone.

jim

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
i've sent for one of these free dongles ,my issue is with unlocking it with vista ? as i understand there is a free and a paid for software that will do this. dc unlocker claims its compatible with vista some say the free software will work with vista some say not? ;but costs £15 for credits, add the cost of an o2 sim looking about £30.

Has anyone used the free software on vista?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back