crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I have had a few people tell me that 3 mobile and internet have a good reception in Europe, right I don't need it for a phone as my old cheap Tesco mobile works well anywhere for txts, what i have been told and don't know for sure is that if i buy a 3 Dongle with extra sim cards i can connect my laptop to the internet, 3 sims card are free roaming but they cancel them after 2 months i plan to stay in Europe for 5 odd months, so the guy says to me what you do is use you 3 sim until it has nearly expired then replace it with a new sim and top that up with the new number on the sim and so on, when i asked him why he said that because 3 has free roaming the other coutries don't like free roaming that's why they cancel the sim, so he says that is the solution to the problem, before i go buy a 3 Dongle and extra sim cards does anyone know if this works or do they have another way to connect to the internet other than being at a MH site with Wifi, i can go on a montly rolling plan with 3 and 30 days notice when i want to quit. £15.00 for 3 GB of Data per month, i only use the laptop once a day to check e-mail etc so its ample Data for me, what do you think members?

OP
OP
crabman

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
thanks Denise I will get in touch with them

regards
crabs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
We have 3 dongle on contract and go away for three months at a time winter in Spain, never had a problem:)

OP
OP
crabman

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
thanks Kevan, was that a rolling contract or a PAYG with 3?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I use a MiFi which I can attach an external aerial to. This improves the signal in areas where the signal is weak. I suspect you will not be able to use an external aerial with a dongle. If you go mostly to towns and cities it will be fine but in more remote areas the external aerial can turn a 2G signal into a 3G one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back