Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I'm on 3 in france. Roaming. When I pick up Orange F. I get around 5 to 10 minutes of Internet then it disconnects.

I have to either restart my phone or use the airplane mode for around 10 minutes, it them gives me approx 10 minutes connection again.

Is it my phone or is it 3 restricting access?

When it picks up 'free' the other network available here in france the connection stays on indefinitely.

Deleted User
I'm on 3 and currently in France.

I've not noticed my connection problems on my phone or mifi (but to be honest not taken too much notice of provider.)

I'll look out for orangef and try that (I've noticed this morning a "free" and a "bougies" all working fine, but no orange f at my current location)

I'll keep trying today

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We just got back from France and was using 3 on a iPhone and Mifi without issues
Would suggest going into phone setting and turn off 'automatic network selection'
Wait a few moments to see which networks appear and then pick another and see what happens
If you're using an iPhone you may also like to turn EU roaming off as this has been known to cause issues
Hope this helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
I've been 'researching' the 3 network purely for the 'feel at home' bit, which will enable me 3 months use when I move abroad so the missus can call her mum with her inclusive minutes!

The general comments on various web forums (...all of which are obviously true;)) which refer to data (and confirmed by the '3' moderators) explain that whatever 'foreign' network you are connected to, the data stream is prioritised to their own customers, then to other 'native' customers, and so on down the line - until you reach 'foreign' data roaming - which is given the lowest priority on the network - hence why quite often data speeds abroad will be considerably lower than the norm(y)

Not exactly great (and not exactly advertised as such!:rolleyes:) but now ya know:)

Oh - and NO tethering, and 'all you can eat' data is limited to 25GB, and the whole 'package' is limited to 3 months in any 12 month period.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It's your phone. I've been using a 3 SIM card in my Mifi for a week and a half in France and Italy with no problems. When we were in France I think it was roaming on Orange all the time

Dave is right about the prioritising order, UK networks do the same thing, so one possibile explanation for your signal dropping out is that there was simply no bandwidth left for foreign roaming customers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back