Free Member
Feb 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have sorted out all my problems and everything off working. I am going of for a few days, just me and the dog. I think I will head for the lakes. Iam really excited about it.Any suggestions as where to wild camp? Any pubs I could stay in their car park?

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
There is Millers Field at Ambleside if it hasn't closed yet - its ÂŁ10.

Im sure there must be loads of pubs which will be happy to have you if you're spending a few quid with them.

Upvote 0

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Just make sure you don't park too close to the water, the weather they've been having you may find yourself floating off into the sunset.:ROFLMAO:
On a serious note the lakes are best at this time of year because it's so quiet,as far as pubs go pop in for a pint (or soft drink)and just ask at the bar.Most,if not all will say yes, especially if you have a few drinks or a meal there.Unlike in high season car parks and roads will be quiet so there will be loads of opportunities to Wild camp.Find somewhere your happy with and give it a go it's easier than you think.
Whatever happens enjoy yourself .

Vlad

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Lord Mac

Lord Mac

Free Member
Feb 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I'm a newbie
Do you worry about security when you are wild camping? As a retired Prison Officer I know how to look after myself. I will also have on the wall my old stave, which has been engraved so it is an ornament.

Upvote 0

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never worried about security,most hardened crims are too busy to bother with a MH.Its the opportunist thief that will Have a pop at a MH if he feels lucky.
People will talk about super duper alarm systems but in my opinion if you've got a dog you don't need one. Our dog growls if he thinks something is amiss and if he thinks there is someone out there he will bark to let us know.
Most opportunist thieves are not that bright and if they think there is a dog in there won't risk it.
If I were a betting man I'd say that all Gas attack victims never had a dog with them,because dogs sleep through nowt,and the way my dog lets off gas he is bound to be immune!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Vlad

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Lord Mac

Lord Mac

Free Member
Feb 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have a GSD puppy, 20 weeks , who thinks he is all grown up and will practice his big dog bark when her can. So hopefully that will help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
This thing I've got is not to be messed with,scares the shit out of lots of things!
Needless to say its bark is worse than its bite ! I just keep the curtains shut and then no-one knows what's in there!
Especially kittens mice birds etc. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The main thing is he lets me know when something's up which happens more on campsites than when wilding. So relax and give it a go it'll soon become second nature.

Vlad

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.