2nd Trip 2 nights at Waldergraves (1 Viewer)

JimboT

Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Have a few issues Sat Nav took us down a road 6 foot 6 inch restrictions had to do a three point turn in a lane 8pm Friday night!
Need to reset Sat Nav as was set on shortest route !
Then got stuck in the mud a Waldergraves Pulled us out Saturday morning parked at top of field in dryer spot!
Due to work we could not leave earlier hence could not see allocated spot was very damp.
The van worked perfectly all weekend even got TV pictures and saw Wales loose yet again ::bigsmile: (they don't know how to beat the Wallabies!).
Think our toilet seal might need changing as leaked a bit when emptying.
On way back Sat Nav took us down some very tight lanes again touched a few branches few scratch marks.
I few drivers were not very helpful giving way:Confused: and one went for a overtake round a bend!
Don't know if this is normal as was going 40~50mph along these roads.
I have also noticed more that on the A12 and M25 a few drivers drive in the middle lane at 50 mph I had to move out to overtake them:Eeek:
Another good weekend away!
Going to read up on Navsure N400i sat nav!

Just drained down all water as may not get out till end Feb!

OP
OP
JimboT

JimboT

Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
So apart from the mud, did you have a good time xxxxx

yes great weekend :thumb:
Took dog for long walks along the beach people very friendly spoke to some caravaners next to us they go there all the time.
Did not eat out as still testing van and getting used to it.
Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

buckby

Free Member
Sep 6, 2013
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
We have a snooper venturer pro never sent us down a bad road yet deffo dont rely on car sat nav you need one you can put width hieght and length in snooper has campsite information in it ie telephone number for site and rough cost per night

Upvote 0

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
The beach is great for [STRIKE]letting the dog roll in dead fish[/STRIKE] walking the dog. We could have some hard standings for next years Waldegraves meet - certainly hope so as apart from that its a good place to go.

Edit - I don't recall Fen Farm site next door being anywhere near as muddy...... Been there a few times.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back