2nd gear problem 3.0l Fiat

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by scotchjock, May 8, 2010.

1. scotchjock

scotchjock Read Only Funster

We travelled 450 miles to collect our new Dethleffs A class, with 3.0l fiat engine and manual gearbox. Just before we arrived, the dealer phoned to say that there was a problem with second gear jumping out. The first thing he said was you can drive it home and get the local Fiat dealer to repair it. Guess what I told him?
    I have since read about the reverse gear problems. What's the latest on the 3.0l, and has anybody had second gear problems?

2. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

May be water in the gearbox - this was predominantly a problem with the previous model, as the scuttle dumped its' water onto the box housing, which seeped in caused crunching gears and flickering speedo.

I have heard of water in newer gearboxes - though not as common as the usual juddergate.

3. Oscarmax

Oscarmax Read Only Funster

You would be wise to reject the motorhome at this stage, Fiat appear reluctant to repair the 3 litre under warranty ? I have a 2.3 litre, I experience problems from day 1. Loads of promises, some attempts at repairs. 2 years later and 4000 miles and many breakdowns we have no confidence in using the van, it now decorates our drive.:cry:

4. dshague

dshague Funster

5. david price

david price Read Only Funster

I have a 3lt and the clutch went while under warranty and less than 10000 on the clock.
    Fiat custumer care have no power to authorise repairs and fiat are a waste of time.I ended up having to pay over £700 on a motor less than 2 years old.
    Dave