2m Height Limit - Paris Ring Road (1 Viewer)

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Hi

We've been going to Spain down the French tolls roads for many years via Paris, then in recent years these 2M height restrictions started to appear (see attached photo). I read there is a tunnel now built around Paris, east side restricted to 2M , west side not restricted. But, I always end up driving through the centre of Paris as we cant find a way past these 2 metre height restrictions in our motorhome. We have a fairly new TomTom but not the camping and caravanning version, so its not too helpful around Paris.

Can anyone help please, which signs should I be following to get onto the Clermont Ferrrand motorway from the north of Paris and avoid the 2M height restricted ring road?

Thanks

Attachments

• 2M.JPG
    2M.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 279
OP
OP
N

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
we met this on our last trip through Paris - resulted in spectacular detour & major row !!!!!!!!

ha-ha yes same for us , well detour...we ended up following a Dutch lorry off the motorway through the centre of Paris , who was also confused by the 2M thing, we both popped out on the south side of Paris and rejoined the motorway ...but on a positive note, got some great photos of the Eiffel Tower :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Not done that route in a while but once past Charles de gaul airport I just followed signs for Bordeaux ..
Strange that it's so far away from Paris but always took me around and out the other side ok.

Reactions: N&K
Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
we dont go round Paris but have the major rows around the rest..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: N&K

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Years ago after going round and round and round on part of the ring road due to road works and the sat nav losing GPS in the same tunnel everytime and not recovering until it was too late! Wifey said jut follow the Toulouse signs :mad: it worked :whistle:

OP
OP
N

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Lots of great replies, thanks everyone. We're going to go Rouen, Druex & Orleans this time.

Cheers :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back