Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Perhaps he did not have the remaining balance of the cash, and he needed to raise the remaining funds. If I go to buy anything (including our current motorhome) I ensure I have the funds available.

It can be a good bargaining tool if you can close the deal on the spot

He may now be having difficulty getting finance or a loan, or his application may be taking longer than expected. That may explain why he's reluctant to talk with you. He may be a bit embarrassed to tell you if that is the case.

Some folks still think that getting credit is easy like a few years ago and buy things on a whim thinking they can raise the funds easily......

Here's hoping he comes back to you soon Bob.......:thumb:

This is now the longest running 23' something, story the world has ever known......:winky:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
the original communication said

Perhaps he did not have the remaining balance of the cash, and he needed to raise the remaining funds. If I go to buy anything (including our current motorhome) I ensure I have the funds available.

It can be a good bargaining tool if you can close the deal on the spot

He may now be having difficulty getting finance or a loan, or his application may be taking longer than expected. That may explain why he's reluctant to talk with you. He may be a bit embarrassed to tell you if that is the case.

Some folks still think that getting credit is easy like a few years ago and buy things on a whim thinking they can raise the funds easily......

Here's hoping he comes back to you soon Bob.......:thumb:

This is now the longest running 23' something, story the world has ever known......:winky:

The original PreLoved communication was .. said.........'whats your best cash price do u have any internal pictures am looking for quick cash purchase' ....... so as can be seen he has implied he had the funds.

The only difference was that the RV in the bare state (which was still heavy loaded) was £22,500 he wanted the goodies when he saw what they were ... the one's that took 9 hours to unload. So we settled on a cash price of £24,200. He paid his £500 non refundable deposit signed an agreement and the rest we all know.

It may be Lemonade money and champaign taste... but very strange.

Bob.... the saga continues... in the never ending 23' something story... is there a longer one I wonder?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
How much more of this can we take? Will there be no end to this saga? Will it go or won't it? Will it still be 23' whatever"? The suspense of the story is killing us, awaiting the punchline........ OK, I'll get my coat........ :RollEyes: Sorry - couldn't resist it...........

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
should I have? or should I have not?

Given the RV is under offer or sold as you want to call it... I took it out this morning and gave it 15 mile run to blow the cobwebs out.

I tend to every few weeks take it down the A21 to exercise everything. Remember I thought ti was due to go to it's new home last Sunday. Having not heard anything from anyone and not getting 24 hours notice that they would collect it this morning bright and early SWMBO took the EHU off and removed a few loose things and we took it for a run.

Still has it's 3/4 tank fuel but now a few extra miles on the clock. It is fully insured by myself and I do not consider it is the property of the new owner until he pays the remaining £23,700.00

But I would have ben happier not having to keep the RV in use, I would have much preferred it was paid for and collected.

The issue of responsibility arises ... what if I had clipped the wall reversing out (which i did not) what if I had a road accident while out.. which I did not... But does make you think of all the what if's :Sad:

The saga continues.. could always put it in my Blog as I have not done an update for some considerable time. We were talking about do the winterisation ... then though daft sod.. if it is collected that work is down to the new owner.

However 2 weeks to day his time runs out... so we will then drain the water and get the RV ready for the winter.... Plus yes it will be back on sale and lots more 23' something posts I suspect.:Blush::Blush:

Bob

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
NO not at all

Has he not been in contact at all?

NO Shifty not at all... he has until the 30th - 2 Sundays time under the contract.. then he loses his non refundable deposit and I start the road to sell it again... just cannot face hours of unloading it again.. We will offer it at £24,700 all loaded and then haggle down and remove items. Pain in the bum.

Just cannot understand some people.

Bob:Sad:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
you could well be right

he may have bought another RV cheaper that fitted his requirements and even with the £500 deposit it worked out cheaper

You could well be right... but does it cost a lot to send an email and say that?

Strictly I do have an enforceable contract and if I was being in a mindful (as a not very nice lawyer) I could go after him for the breach of the contract and all my expenses etc., until sold.. that could be many many thousands. The court would expect me to limit the lose of course. Like putting it back on sale as soon as possible when i was aware the sale was not going through... but until someone tells me, I cannot offer it for sale to someone else.

I have just sent him another message via PreLoved ...which goes to his email... asking him do i have a reason to be concerned. I have not as yet gone in to lawyer mode. But that may happen no so far off if he fails to respond to my 3rd email.

My gut says the deal is dead... I am £500 better off and I will be selling it all over again.

Bob

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I would go a bit higher than £24700 Bob.

Give yourself some room to come down:thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
You could well be right... but does it cost a lot to send an email and say that?

Strictly I do have an enforceable contract and if I was being in a mindful (as a not very nice lawyer) I could go after him for the breach of the contract and all my expenses etc., until sold.. that could be many many thousands. The court would expect me to limit the lose of course. Like putting it back on sale as soon as possible when i was aware the sale was not going through... but until someone tells me, I cannot offer it for sale to someone else.

I have just sent him another message via PreLoved ...which goes to his email... asking him do i have a reason to be concerned. I have not as yet gone in to lawyer mode. But that may happen no so far off if he fails to respond to my 3rd email.

My gut says the deal is dead... I am £500 better off and I will be selling it all over again.

Bob
Would you like me to put it in the small adds:winky: column over here Bob:thumb:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
yes Buttons put it on Craigs list

Would you like me to put it in the small adds:winky: column over here Bob:thumb:

Why not Buttons.. Craig's list will do:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have just sent him a text - first one asking him what is happening, in the most polite terms.

3 emails.. all polite and one text ....

If the sale is off all he has to do is tell me so i can advertise it again... next sale is 10% and collection within 7 days.. same terms non refundable.

Bob:Blush:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
yes Chris it is a bit cheap

I would go a bit higher than £24700 Bob.

Give yourself some room to come down:thumb:

Yes Chris it is a bit cheap at £24,700 .. with all the toys... but as before I can take them off, sell them or keep them for the toy hauler.... Just need the space. We would I suspect even if it went now not proceed until the spring with the new arrival.. so i would want to suspend the insurance if that can be done or surrender it as the case may be.

I got a lots of silly offers and silly lookers at all the prices... so it is hard to know what to pitch it at... it is not until the money is on the table is a deal done.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
for those that do not know

'Ang on a minute! I don't want it added to my list! :Smile:

Craig

For those that do not know... Craig's list is like our PreLoved or Gumtree.... it is all over the USA.. very good it is as well.

Bob:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
IIRC he said he was having to find a place to store it?

Maybe...

...he's found somewhere to store it but he's twigged that by not taking it until the last day he has managed to get 4 weeks storage for free on your drive ::bigsmile:::bigsmile::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well sometimes it's quite hard finding a place to store em that you are happy with the security, the access, the price and isn't a million miles away - daughter quite recently went through that with a caravan and going to look at the storage sites was hard and took ages too as both of em wanted to see the places, he works shifts, so does she, plus they have their grandson X days a week ... see what I'm getting at here?

He has until the end of the month. If you stop hassling the guy - esp now the son has said what he has - perhaps he will turn out OK. he might have only decided to make you wait until then, Bob, BECAUSE you've been hassling him, I don't know. (OK I think I'll just be awkward now, or whatever)

Some people are like that you know LOL - but I'm sure you do - with the trade you were in ! :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
jenny can work both ways

Well sometimes it's quite hard finding a place to store em that you are happy with the security, the access, the price and isn't a million miles away - daughter quite recently went through that with a caravan and going to look at the storage sites was hard and took ages too as both of em wanted to see the places, he works shifts, so does she, plus they have their grandson X days a week ... see what I'm getting at here?

He has until the end of the month. If you stop hassling the guy - esp now the son has said what he has - perhaps he will turn out OK. he might have only decided to make you wait until then, Bob, BECAUSE you've been hassling him, I don't know. (OK I think I'll just be awkward now, or whatever)

Some people are like that you know LOL - but I'm sure you do - with the trade you were in ! :ROFLMAO:

Note what you say Jenny, but it can be a two way street... do not have to do any more than hand a set of keys and the V5 and take his money.... All the documents are there as are the instructions.. 2 A4 ring binders plus the massive Winnebago bag full or the instructions for the equipment.

I can spend time showing someone how everything works... he had two hours of my time when he put the deposit down. .. he could have what I call a dummies guide to a Winnebago which is 10 pages of the major do's and don'ts ... like the quick way to make sure the Sterling is doing it's job... you know what I mean... but then if I get to be really pissed off then I do not have to give him that sort of detail in a hand over.

I tracked down his post code.. the address he gave me was rather short of the house number and post code... it is amazing what you can find out on the internet and with sites like 192.com .. it is bang in the middle of a very large social housing estate. no off road parking anywhere.. two wheels up the curb touch. Houses running off at angles to the road up paths. The man runs a bouncy castle company... so he must have real problems with storage already. The area he is in is not good for a big motor home.. it was bad for a car from the Google Earth maps etc., I would not be happy taking an RV down the road.

I have no problems Jenny with it staying here at all to the end of the month.. Just would like an up date as to how he is making out. If he wants to run it to the wire that is up to him. But common decency would say he would himself (not the son that bought him to see it) make contact and advice if he was having an issue. I presume he is going to want to insure it and needs some details? who knows. I have put the 30th in my diary to be sure I am here so I can hand it over.... all I can do is wait. Perhaps I am to polite in that I keep people informed. Certainly my legal training required that I answered communication promptly and certainly within 10 days. I tend to be a person that try's to help others rather than ignore communications.. it makes a deal work so much better.

As some know I trade in Z gauge model trains... I recently sold a very expensive layout I had built. The buyer last week came back and traded in a model of a loco his son purchased on a trip to the USA.. to large for the layout.. being an SD40-2 .. so I found a new GP35 for him from my stock that would run on the layout.. several emails and a happy customer twice.. once when he paid out and collected the layout and a second time for a replacement loco (engine). I did not ignore him... When he got the layout home, he had an issue with a point and had to be talked through how to get it to operate properly... happy to do it... it is call communication. Anyway it takes all sorts.

I will post as and when I know anything more.

Bob

Last edited:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I think he has probably had a coronary when he found out just how much it costs in fuel:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
now we know it does 15 mpg

I think he has probably had a coronary when he found out just how much it costs in fuel:ROFLMAO:

Now we know this does an honest 15 mpg .. not the elastic type of fuel gauge that Buttons had in that VW of his:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back