2015 Peugeot Boxer handbrake (1 Viewer)

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Help !!! After descending the Cold du Tourmalet my brakes got a bit hot with constant usage although I did try to limit my speed by keeping in a low gear .
The problem is my handbrake won't hold unless were on the flat , foot brake is ok.
Can it be easily adjusted or is it a visit to a Peugeot garage .
It's an Ako chassis on the Bailey if that has any bearing on the handbrake setup

TIA

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Have the same issue with our 2015 model. It has to be fully up to hold which then limits the swivel seat travel. I'm going to call a local dealer, it should be a straight forward adjustment I think!

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Same issue on my 2015 FIAT Ducato, so sounds like a problem ???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Not sure if latest van is the same but x250 fiat / alko use fiat discs drum combination at the rear. Search x250 handbrake thread on forum. Handbrake adjustment starts at the drum, not with the cable. My vans holds well, 4300kg actual weight .

OP
OP
Neil S
Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Thanks ever body for your replys so far looks like I'll have to find Peugeot dealer to sort this handbrake issue

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
The problem with descending steep passes like that is there you can't really keep off the brakes, the van is too heavy to be held back by engine braking. We came down from Col d'Aspin nearby a couple of months ago and I stopped 4 times to let the brakes cool down, we had discs all round.
You might well have glazed the rear shoes with the heat, in which case, they will need to be changed, and the drums checked for overheating damage.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Neil S
Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
The problem with descending steep passes like that is there you can't really keep off the brakes, the van is too heavy to be held back by engine braking. We came down from Col d'Aspin nearby a couple of months ago and I stopped 4 times to let the brakes cool down, we had discs all round.
You might well have glazed the rear shoes with the heat, in which case, they will need to be changed, and the drums checked for overheating damage.

Hi Allan I have discs front and rear but the handbrake works of a small drum so I'm told so I'm hoping it's just out of adjustment although prior to my descent the handbrake seemed ok .
When the brakes are cold the handbrake will still hold on moderate inclines but as soon as they get warm it starts to slip if on any sort of Hill.
Hoping that the local Peugeot dealer here at Bagnere des Bigorre can help tomorrow as were following the TDF and don't want to be stuck here

OP
OP
Neil S
Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Update !! Went to a Peugeot dealer in Bagnères-de-Bigorre and he was far from helpful after we were told by Red Pennant that they would look at the handbrake issue
We then went into Tarbes and found a large Peugeot dealership who couldn't have been more helpful and bent over backwards to help us out .
Result !! brakes adjusted , oil and screenwash topped up and €61 charge .
Now parked up on nice aire with leccy hook up near city centre (y)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back