2014 tour to Eastern Europe and Turkey (1 Viewer)

david stirling

Free Member
Nov 30, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A CLASS RV
Exp
Since 2011
We are currently planning our 2014 tour to Eastern Europe and Turkey and will be leaving late March 2014. If anyone has any recommendations of places to visit or RV friendly campsites, we have a Monaco Windsor which comes in at 12.2 metres long with the scooter on the back, please let us know as all additional information is very useful. If anyone has information on the Black Sea resorts in Turkey this would be appreciated. Our route looks like it might be Dunkerque, Belgium (Brugge, Gent and Brussels) Luxembourg, Germany (Trier, Koblenz, Kaiserslautern, Mannheim and Nuremburg) Czech Republic (Plzen, Praha and Brno) Slovakia (Bratislava) Hungary (Gyor, Lake Balaton, Szekesfehervar, Budapest and Szeged) Romania (Arad, Timisoara, Drobeta, Craiova and Calafat) to cross the Danube into Bulgaria (Sofia and Plovdiv) Turkey (Edirne and Istanbul) and then to the Turkish Black sea or returning to Bulgaria and Romania for the Black sea resorts (Burgas, Varna, Mangalia and Constanta) before continuing through Romania (Bucuresti, Brasov,Sighisoara, Cluj Napoca and Oradea). From Romania we intend to head north via Poland into Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia before going via Northern Germany home to the UK. The second half of the trip has not been planned at all as yet.

Full details of the trip will go onto our web site www.stirlingtravels.co.uk and you can find details of our 2013 6 month tour to Western Europe and Morocco on the site now where we give details of campsites used with reviews, toll charges and routes used as well as a picture gallery and details on the places visited. If any of this helps someone planing a trip the work will all have been worthwhile. All ideas welcome. David.

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
There is a fantastic resource of campsites in Romania and Bulgaria here. Not in English - but nothing a bit of Google Translate won't fix: http://www.campings-in-roemenie.nl./

A trip to Bulgaria wouldn't be the same without a visit to: Camping Veliko Tarnovo
http://www.europebycamper.com/2011/09/camping-veliko-tarnovo-best-campsite-in.html

In Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania there are city camps in each capital. Kempings Apalkalns near Cesis was rated "best campsite we've stayed on" by Catherine and Chris:
http://www.theworldisourlobster.com/The_World_Is_Our_Lobster/Blog/Entries/2012/6/22_129_Latvia.html

Hopefully our blog might be of use over on www.europebycamper.com :)

Looking forward to seeing recommendations from other Funsters for Eastern Europe and Turkey especially.

Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
Turkey

Don't miss Gallipoli , First World War cemetery's those lads fought and died thousands of miles from home Don't miss Cappadocia a truly magical place .
Why not send Don Madge a message He is the man on routes ,and a Turkey expert
Have a great trip
Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter_n_Margaret

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
Adelaide, Australia
Funster No
MH
"C" class 4WD DIY
Exp
About 20 years
We had 10 weeks in Turkey this year. It was simply a delight from every aspect. We stayed right away from the big cities and the tourist areas of the Med.
We got there from Germany via a similar route to that you are proposing and then returned via the Baltics.
Albania & Montenegro were the highlights, particularly inland. The coast in Croatia was very pretty, but much too busy for us and more expensive.

Cheers,
Peter

OP
OP
D

david stirling

Free Member
Nov 30, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A CLASS RV
Exp
Since 2011
thank you

Thanks to Addie for your many helpful tips. I have used your site many times in the past ,as well as buying a wifi booster from you! and in fact have a link from my site to yours.

Cherrs to Peter and Dotsontour for your comments and Superk for the Magbaz tip. I do know the Magbaz site well as i consider them to be the bible of motorhoming knowledge and link to them from my site.

For information on Eastern Europe campsites i would steer you towards the excellant site of Paul and Shelia Barker on www.langdale-associates.com and it was their campsite review system that i replicated when producing our campsite reviews.

Any more ntips and recommendations greatfully recieved. If someone can tell me how to give thanks on this site i will do but i cannot see a button to push?????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Search on here for posts by Don Madge. He always post good advice on that end of Europe.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back