2014 - MOROCCO .. All posts here now please.. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Hi

Going of your experience what kind of temps can we expect?

Joyce

Top coat and wellie boots stuff in the north and lovely shorts and flip-flop blue skies at Taghazout. Guess where we will spending a large chunk of our time? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
First few days we had lashing rain and put us off a little bit..

However the sun came out and as you move closer to Agadir the better it got..
High 20's seem to come to mind but cant say I was watching the thermometer, maybe because I haven't got one.. :Doh:

Some of the vetrans will maybe be along later with more info..

BETTER THAN UK.....ANYWAY... :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Regarding what weather you can expect, much depends on what time of year you go and how far south you go. It can be wet in the north and also windy in the south, but all in all it will be much better than any of Europe.

Attachments

• Morocco 150.jpg
    Morocco 150.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 21
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Were planing to over winter in Spain this year and Morocco next year. However, If I can convince my wife Morocco is the place to be she just might just agree to go this year!
(I will have to be at my best to convince her though!)
Either way, she will be flying back to the UK end of Feb as her mother is in care home and the bond with grandchildren.
Would I be right in thinking there is a group crossing around the 8th of Jan.? I'm not sure yet which crossing would be best ? but my initial thoughts are to hook up with someone who has crossed before so I can gain some experience of the crossing and then once over we would do our own thing! (Although welcome meeting up with other like minded Brits on the journey).
I'm up to speed on the threads about Morocco, especially Sophie & Adams blog (which is very helpful) and have just ordered the Vicarious book on Morocco.
If it's a go (will know in next few weeks) then I have just one or two bit's and pieces to purchase and we will be ready.
Finally, a question! In the pictures I have seen of Motorhomes in Morocco very few seem to have an awning room attached! We have found our safari room to be very useful when staying at a site for several days or longer and I would welcome your views on the subject, particularly if you have over wintered in Morocco and have a safari room or similar.
Thanks in advance.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The only people I have seen in Morocco with a safari room are those that sit on Atlantica park for the duration. Those things must get hot inside with the sun on them.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
The only people I have seen in Morocco with a safari room are those that sit on Atlantica park for the duration. Those things must get hot inside with the sun on them.

Thanks for your input! We have found an extra room very useful when staying on site for more than a week or so and I am fairly certain we shall be doing that if we do Morocco this time round. The safari room has good ventilation and provides good shading too. I'll wait and see what the general consensus is before making a decision.

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Would I be right in thinking there is a group crossing around the 8th of Jan.? I'm not sure yet which crossing would be best ? but my initial thoughts are to hook up with someone who has crossed before so I can gain some experience of the crossing and then once over we would do our own thing! (.

I am leaving Uk on 8th Jan, driving down via France and Spain and then meeting up with some of the 2013 crowd at Bellavista just before the 15th.. Hope to cross around that time, nearer the time we can see who want to cross together on what dates.
We will do a month in Morocco and then back into Spain and flight home for a week from Malaga. See grandkids and celebrate a few birthdays,..::bigsmile:

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I am leaving Uk on 8th Jan, driving down via France and Spain and then meeting up with some of the 2013 crowd at Bellavista just before the 15th.. Hope to cross around that time, nearer the time we can see who want to cross together on what dates.
We will do a month in Morocco and then back into Spain and flight home for a week from Malaga. See grandkids and celebrate a few birthdays,..::bigsmile:

I plan to leave the UK on the 2nd and be in Algeciras on or before the 7th. I must have misread a post on here as I thought there was a group crossing on the 8th.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Thanks for your input! We have found an extra room very useful when staying on site for more than a week or so and I am fairly certain we shall be doing that if we do Morocco this time round. The safari room has good ventilation and provides good shading too. I'll wait and see what the general consensus is before making a decision.

The only place we stayed long enough to make it worth putting upa safari room was a Taghazoute which is wild camping. Used the wind out awning quite a lot to provide shade as it was quite hot a lot of the time.
We have a Kampa awning and won't be bothering to take it to save weight and space.

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Philippft;854661 Would I be right in thinking there is a group crossing around the 8th of Jan.? I'm not sure yet which crossing would be best ? but my initial thoughts are to hook up with someone who has crossed before so I can gain some experience of the crossing. Finally said:
I will probably be going over from Spain at that time and happy for anyone to come along.

We have a safari room but wont be taking it to Morocco. Last year we had no need for it. We did use the sun canopy and windblocker (Lilypad) which when pegged out wide gives good shade as well as allowing good ventillation.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
It seems that a lot are leaving just after new years eve as we are from haggers do at Uttoxeter
We will probably cross channel around 2 January and steady run down into spain and weather permitting cross into Morocco around 8 to 10 january a steady run down to agider after that no plans
Other than home by end march :thumb:
But it could all change who knows best laid plans and all that:Doh:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We are taking the van down to Benidorm mid November for a month then putting the van in storage whilst we fly home for Christmas. IF all is well at home then we hope to go out to Morocco when we fly back after the Christmas/New Year break. Will just have to wait and see what happens. Am very wary of making any long term plans at the moment as the minute I do the rug is pulled from under me :Sad:.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Just received the vicarious book on Morocco, dated 2009. Their website has updates which can be printed off and contains comments from visitors as recently as this year. Trying to make sense of the price increases since 2009 was a waste of time. The highest hike was a whopping 220% while 40% appeared to be quite common. Assuming these types of increases continue we shall soon see little differences compared with sites in Spain.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you do have to remember over the last 15years the influx of motor homes has gone besrk in morocco. campsites are being set up all the time . many just compare the price to spain and say thats cheap. that puts up all prices ,it might be cheap compared to spain but is expensive compared to moroccan prices .
most are only going because its warm weather and now it seems safe ,compared with 30-40 years ago. in 1976 we went with 50 quid and came out with enough to drive home . there wasnt hardly any campsites then . unfortunately the m,homer is their own worst enemy . they pay far too much .
barter, barter ,then barter again . offer 10%of the price for almost every thing .
every 1 year in morocco is like 5 yrs here . prices and change is rapid .

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just put this post on the Malaga thread but maybe should be on here

Just a couple of questions really, we have a very good quote from Camping Cheque £120 return including 3 camping cheques, we leaving on 30th Dec.

This means we will arrive a bit earlier, do Camping Bella Vista do camping cheques.

Also with leaving then we will be able to cross to Morocco earlier if anyone is going across nearer the 8th could they let us know , Thanks.:Smile:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Just put this post on the Malaga thread but maybe should be on here

Just a couple of questions really, we have a very good quote from Camping Cheque £120 return including 3 camping cheques, we leaving on 30th Dec.

This means we will arrive a bit earlier, do Camping Bella Vista do camping cheques.

Also with leaving then we will be able to cross to Morocco earlier if anyone is going across nearer the 8th could they let us know , Thanks.:Smile:

Its a "Maybe" :thumb:

Nov 26, 2009
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
23 years
insurance in morroco

I cant get a green card with my insurance company:cry: do anyone know how much it will be if I bought insurance in morocco thanks

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
about 150quid for 3 months . but i would advise changing your insurance company . safeguard do maroc .coop will give a months cover . saga cover it . there are others . but at least if you get it here you know what you have . over there i,m led to believe its only minimal cover . i used it once years ago . try harder here i,m sure it will be better .
just noticed it says spain in your avatar . most spanish ins covers maroc , i thought .

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I cant get a green card with my insurance company:cry: do anyone know how much it will be if I bought insurance in morocco thanks

I only bought it once in Tangier and I think it was around 200 Euros, but only 3rd party. I always used to insure with Adrian Flux but they would not give green card insurance for Morocco, so I changed mid policy to Saga who do give green card. If your policy is almost due for renewal maybe this is an option.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Insurance is the reason I am leaving trike at home I cant get anyone to issue a green card and I am not getting local insurance in Morocco
Sucks but what do you do :Doh:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Insurance is the reason I am leaving trike at home I cant get anyone to issue a green card and I am not getting local insurance in Morocco
Sucks but what do you do :Doh:

Do you mean green card for trike or your van :Smile:

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000

BRYANDH Bought insurance at the port... They have a Spanish van and I think insurance via a spanish company.. Either PM them or wait and see if they pop on later and reply...

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Do you mean green card for trike or your van :Smile:

Trike its insured with highways and they are one of the only companys that will deal with trikes all the brokers use them and they will insurer all European countrys but not Morocco even road traffic only
So snookered there and I dred what local morocan insurance would cost and would it pay out on theft or damage
Even in uk its difficult getting good insurance with a company that understands what a trike is and its value
Mine is a rewaco 1800 new was about 12 grand new 8 years ago and replacement cost is now still about 10 or 11 grand so I have to make sure they realise what its worth and it ends up with underwriters every time
Bummer I know as I would love to take it with us even if I have to buy a trailer as we lift tow it now and I dont think it would get though spain without getting pulled by Spanish plod
Such is life

electricscott

Free Member
Nov 23, 2010
Buckden Marina
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
morocco check

last week I was enquiring about a green card with my insurance company and discovered we are not insured for Morocco :Tongue1:. if you are traveling there this year, it might be worth checking your policy.
we intend visiting Morocco but it will be on the motorbike :shout:
ps I will be duplicating this post on RVO's

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
What a shame it would have been brilliant with the trike, will be amazing anyway we are really looking forward to it.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
last week I was enquiring about a green card with my insurance company and discovered we are not insured for Morocco :Tongue1:. if you are traveling there this year, it might be worth checking your policy.
we intend visiting Morocco but it will be on the motorbike :shout:
ps I will be duplicating this post on RVO's

As soon as we told Comfort we were going to Morocco they said give us the dates and we will send you your green card, strange how some do and some won't.

electricscott

Free Member
Nov 23, 2010
Buckden Marina
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
As soon as we told Comfort we were going to Morocco they said give us the dates and we will send you your green card, strange how some do and some won't.

that's interesting we are with the CC&C the cheapest quote we had by far and have 365 days cover

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Ref Greencard..

Safeguard will issue but charge £20
Comfort and MHF insurance are free, just call them with dates..

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010

We went with the group in 2013 and because my Spanish insurers (Abbeygate in Malaga) declined Moroccan cover we bought 1 month at Tangier border for around 100 euros, 3 months would have cost around 200 euros, THIRD PARTY ONLY
Your details show you has living in Spain. As result of above we changed insurers this year to Liberty Seguros for a cheaper annual premium with 90 days Moroccan cover with Fully Comp and breakdown. Liberty have a separate dept for ex pats and they are multi lingual, all docs are in English and found them very helpful.
If you are near your renewal date you might want to consider them, they are based in Barcelona but have branches elsewhere.
PM me if you want more info.

Regards, Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back