2014 - MOROCCO .. All posts here now please.. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
ok, seem's the Morocco 2013 thread just wont die and the forum is getting split a little as there are now also 2 morocco 2014 threads running.. :Doh:

I will start the ball rolling again for 2014 and state our plans.
We hope to be leaving UK first week of January and head down to Algeciras, possible short stop over in Benidorm if we get time and at least an overnight at Bella Vista so we can meet again with Rudi the site manager to finalise the meet there in March.
Ferry over to Morocco on or close to 15th January and we will be spending 4-6 weeks there.

Others from the 2013 group I know are planning to go and they will no doubt post here soon.
Some are planning to spend Christmas and New year in Benidorm, so if others want a meet up then camping Villasol in Benidorm looks to be a good spot this winter.

Andrew and myself have also approached Marjal, where we had the 2012 meet, to try and obtain a deal for funster who may be traveling down on route to Morocco, the Bella vista meet or Spain in general.. This is not confirmed as yet but I will post once I have full details.

If we now make this the prime posting thread we can maybe start to form some some of list of who and when people plan to travel. Newbie can then maybe get hooked up with some of the more seasoned travelers....

MOROCCO 2014 HERE WE COME.. :thumb::thumb:

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Good idea tonka
Our loose plans are
Leave uk around 27 December into Spain quickly
Stay somewhere around south for new year and Spanish Xmas
Then over Into morocco around 10 to 15 jan fro about 6 weeks
Going straight down south to agider for 2 weeks beach time then who knows
Plan to be back into UK for around end march

Any suggestions for beach time anyone ?

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We will be there.
Already booked Portsmouth to Bilbao on 8 Jan giving us a week to amble down to Algeciras for the 15th to get tickets from Carlos and cross over on morning of 16th.
Of course, plans can and do change........

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Things have changed a bit here at hilldwellers, looks like we wil be able to make the mid Jan crossing.

My thought is quick down south then slowly back. After all, the weather is the main reason for going.

After reading Makems ferry msg......

6M MH and 2 bodies £678 return to Bilbao.

£354 one way which lets us be flexible on the return route.

Hands up all who think that expensive !!

Calais to Bilbao is 746 miles. That's £200 fuel alone. So for £154 you get a night or two in a nice bed and two or three days less driving. Not a bad deal.

Last edited:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Good idea tonka

Any suggestions for beach time anyone ?

Can't do better than Tagazhoute (just north of Agadir) in my opinion. We had 4 weeks there last year although three weeks of that was enforced as we were broken down and waiting for parts.
That's if you are into wilding of course. If you want a fully serviced site with electric you will need suggestions from someone else.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Wilding or serviced sites i do t think it makes any difference to us as long its near to towns for shopping and restaurants and some form of entertainment
We are simple folks with simple tastes
All ideas are welcome

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi
We are hoping to hit Benidorm for at least new year. Then on to Morocco for around the second week of January, heading south.

For us its going to be a bit of a shake down for our big trip, we have to be totally flexible as our plans change daily. We might not even make it lol, so much to do, but we are really pushing for it, we drive quite slow and are hoping to do a bit of 4 x 4 driving, so probably not the best to tag along with.

We however hope to meet up with many of you along the way when we crave a bit of insanity, lol.

Cant wait bring it on, subject to knee operation, truck finishing, world planning, house buying etc.

Pat

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
ok, seem's the Morocco 2013 thread just wont die and the forum is getting split a little as there are now also 2 morocco 2014 threads running.. :Doh:

I will start the ball rolling again for 2014 and state our plans.
We hope to be leaving UK first week of January and head down to Algeciras, possible short stop over in Benidorm if we get time and at least an overnight at Bella Vista so we can meet again with Rudi the site manager to finalise the meet there in March.
Ferry over to Morocco on or close to 15th January and we will be spending 4-6 weeks there.

Others from the 2013 group I know are planning to go and they will no doubt post here soon.
Some are planning to spend Christmas and New year in Benidorm, so if others want a meet up then camping Villasol in Benidorm looks to be a good spot this winter.

Andrew and myself have also approached Marjal, where we had the 2012 meet, to try and obtain a deal for funster who may be traveling down on route to Morocco, the Bella vista meet or Spain in general.. This is not confirmed as yet but I will post once I have full details.

If we now make this the prime posting thread we can maybe start to form some some of list of who and when people plan to travel. Newbie can then maybe get hooked up with some of the more seasoned travelers....

MOROCCO 2014 HERE WE COME.. :thumb::thumb:

Hi Steve, We are going on Santander ferry on the 27th December, and wondered about Morocco.

The main problem we have is that we have a dog, and we are not sure if we can take him to Morocco, or more importantly what might happen re the packs of ferral dogs which we have heard about in Morocco. Although he is a Llasa/Maltese cross, he thinks he can take on anything with four legs!

Could you give us some information, or point us in the right direction??

Ginny and Mike

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
no probs . in fact there isnt that many big packs anymore they kill them off .
was several years ago. but even then they werent any trouble . just make sure your dog as had a blood test and you have a copy of the titra results . this may be asked for trying to get back into spain . not needed for uk but spain may ask.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Can't do better than Tagazhoute (just north of Agadir) in my opinion. We had 4 weeks there last year although three weeks of that was enforced as we were broken down and waiting for parts.
That's if you are into wilding of course. If you want a fully serviced site with electric you will need suggestions from someone else.

Remember it well !,

Hope we bump into you and Gwen in the New Year somewhere south of Gib

Regards, Bryan/Anna

andeb

Free Member
Dec 9, 2012
On the road
Funster No
MH
Euramobil 665HS
Exp
Since 2008
We would love to join fellow funsters on the 2014 jaunt to Morocco. We are heading off to France/Spain (still undecided which ferry route to take) in the next week or so for a slow meander down towards Algeciras via the Med coast and then across to Morocco soon after Christmas.

We will keep watching eye on this thread, in the hope that we can meet up with fellow funsters.

Andy & Debbie

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
2 way radios /Morocco

Lidl are selling silvercrest 2 way radios from thursday £25 , we have some and have tried them out with other funsters with radios and the channels were compatible ,
Ideal for moroccan convoys and finding Funsters at shows etc .
we use chanel no 5 ( of course ).
Graham

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Lidl are selling silvercrest 2 way radios from thursday £25 , we have some and have tried them out with other funsters with radios and the channels were compatible ,
Ideal for moroccan convoys and finding Funsters at shows etc .
we use chanel no 5 ( of course ).
Graham

Thats as cheap as you are ever going to get radios for

We are taking a pair of motorola xtni down a lot more expensive but I had them given by a guy who looks after our coms at work
Plus the software and program cable
He reckons that they are the best around plus can be charged of 12 volt by chopping of mains plug and fitting fag lighter plug
More expensive to buy see what on eBay first

Channel 5 it is then

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
no probs . in fact there isnt that many big packs anymore they kill them off .
was several years ago. but even then they werent any trouble . just make sure your dog as had a blood test and you have a copy of the titra results . this may be asked for trying to get back into spain . not needed for uk but spain may ask.

Is that the same as the rabies blood test and injection?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Is that the same as the rabies blood test and injection?

yes the blood test result is in titras . thats what they call the antibodies must be more than or equal to 0.51.u/ml.
my old dogs was 3.711./ml titras.
you have to have the dog given a rabies jab anyway. the blood test is worth having . anyway at least if ever there was a big rabies out break you have the paperwork to show .
not sure how it will come out now as in the beginning the dog needed two jabs then the blood test .
in recent years ,the spanish have asked to see the laboratory report to show the results . in the early days they never bothered .
mine was in morocco when the passport scheme started . we left in the december but had return papers etc .

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
The main problem we have is that we have a dog, and we are not sure if we can take him to Morocco, or more importantly what might happen re the packs of ferral dogs which we have heard about in Morocco. Although he is a Llasa/Maltese cross, he thinks he can take on anything with four legs!

Ginny and Mike

Send a PM to Cidersyd. He took his dog last year to Morocco and to my knowledge had no problems. He can probably tell you exactly what you need in the way of pet passport etc.
re packs of feral dogs - we didn't see any in the three months we were there. Dogs? yes, plenty. Feral? Maybe. Packs? Nah!

Kiwi Coss

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We are heading south November-ish. Will be ready for Morocco when whatever date is decided. Have got my solar showers, homemade outdoor shower ready. All to save my LPG for the stove and fridge. Want to make it for the whole three months this time and have already got the insurance sorted. Hopefully have covered all the mistakes we made last year. Am slightly concerned at expected numbers, as long convoys of motorhomes are hard to manage, and hard to get large groups into campsites. Something to be aware of but I am mindful not everyone will stick together.

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Looks like the ball is rolling then..
Ginny, cant help on the dog but as Makems have said contact Graham, Cydersyd... He Took his lovely dog and as far as I know there were no issues... Never once seen any packs of dogs.

Kiwi Coss.. Please learn some French, at least the swear words so any more hassle with those froggies you can give em what for (again)... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Appollogies in advance to Frankie.. :Blush:

We also plan on going straight south, Agadir way and this time maybe work backwards..

PS... Anyone with a good surfing body board for sale let me know..

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
We are heading south November-ish. Will be ready for Morocco when whatever date is decided. Have got my solar showers, homemade outdoor shower ready. All to save my LPG for the stove and fridge. Want to make it for the whole three months this time and have already got the insurance sorted. Hopefully have covered all the mistakes we made last year. Am slightly concerned at expected numbers, as long convoys of motorhomes are hard to manage, and hard to get large groups into campsites. Something to be aware of but I am mindful not everyone will stick together.

I dont know about everbody else that are going but elaine and I have no intention of being part of some mass exodus to the sun we will be traveling basically in small groups or on our own
I like the thought of being around people whoum we could help or where they could help elaine and I if we get into some form of trouble or need advice its nice to be around people but sometimes it can be a little over powering if a group is too large
We like the idea of when you get up on a morning of saying we are on our way today or I cant be arsed we are staying here
Large groups seem to spend too much time debating and not enough time doing or sleeping
Life is too short
Its a holiday adventure not a army on the move

And no we are not antisocial just independent people who really enjoy the company of other like minded folk but value our privacy as well

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
In 2013 we were all newbies to Morocco and the group that met to cross only stayed together for 3 night.. After that it started to split and people went off to do their own thing... I guess a similar thing may happen next trip, if to many all turn up and are deciding to go same day.. I have no issue with going on another day or crossing and taking any first timers if they need help. Sure some of the others may do something similar..

The cheap and reliable phone and internet service over there at least makes it possible to communicate if someone gets into trouble... The forum here is also an ideal central point for contact and maintain whats going on...

I like a bit of company but never have an issue with people doing their own thing or us doing ours... Get on and enjoy it I say. :thumb::thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
And no we are not antisocial just independent people who really enjoy the company of other like minded folk but value our privacy as well

With the best will in the world, after a while we seem to run out of conversation, so long term in close company can get pretty stressful, everyone being polite when the same yarn is told for the third time.

And travel by committee is a nightmare.

Same for dining by committee. Shall we have white, shall we have red, anyone for starters, anyone for pudding. I lose the will to eat or live.

Loose is good.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
strangely i see and camp near the same folk we camped with in 1976 . some miss a year others we see once in awhile .
but dont spend the full 3 months with them all.
i think its great to have friends from all over and meet for a chat.
very often we end up somewhere else on a quiet beach and ther others turn up. or out in a desert hide away .and others find us .
its a real friendly place . seen locals grow from boys to men .and girls to married women that come with there children to see us .
have an open mind and you will all enjoy your stay.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Somewhere on the 2013 thread, somebody posted about having upholstery re-covered during their visit to Morocco.... cannot find it :Sad: Anybody out there had it done, if so..... Where? Quality?

Regards, Bryan

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Somewhere on the 2013 thread, somebody posted about having upholstery re-covered during their visit to Morocco.... cannot find it :Sad: Anybody out there had it done, if so..... Where? Quality?

Regards, Bryan

Atlantic Park , dont know prices but the quality and the workmanship was good ,
My wheel covers were £15 for 2 made in reflective material , even basic covers are around £40 in uk ,

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks Suggy, but it is upholstery we are thinking of having done while there. Had our external screens made at Atlantic Park last year, want captain's chairs done now.

Regards, Bryan

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The upholsterer was Inside the campsite gate by reception at Atlantic park.
I met a couple having it done, no idea on prices or quality...

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
The upholsterer was Inside the campsite gate by reception at Atlantic park.
I met a couple having it done, no idea on prices or quality...

Thanks Steve, but one of the "tail-enders " had work done by that individual..... it was a disaster. The person I read about had work done in leather. Snowbird, you out there?.... help ! :ROFLMAO:

Regards Bryan

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000

Regards, Bryan

Hi Bryan. I had my Rockwood RV reupholstered in Agadir some years ago. All tradesmen working in Atlantica Park are franchised to the park owners and have to pay high fees to them. If you go into Agadir there are coach trimmers and upholsterers on every street corner as most if not all furniture in Morocco is custom built to order. Quality of work is excellent and prices at least a quarter of European prices.
We will be doing our best to get down there this year, depending on family circumstances but will be staying as far away as possible from Atlantica Park...I like my sardines in a tin :RollEyes:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back