Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Kettering
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2014, Caravans for 25 years
Is it just me or are the main beam headlights on a Fiat pretty weak?, they seem fine when on highbeam but on normal they seem really weak to me, especially when abroad.

OP
OP
AlHumphries

AlHumphries

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Kettering
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2014, Caravans for 25 years
umm, how would i know which it is?, it's not the latest one if that's what you mean. It's the one with no fecking drinks holders!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
No I find mine OK even with beam benders. Perhaps yours need winding up a bit?
First check the adjuster is on "0" if it is on 1 2 3 etc they will be pointing lower.
Are you aware if it is possible to replace them with HID bulbs Techno?
Thks

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Sorry no I don't know but personally I'm not in favour as I hate tw@ts coming the other way with them :LOL:

EDIT a quick google tells me a canbus conversion kit is required.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Sorry no I don't know but personally I'm not in favour as I hate tw@ts coming the other way with them :LOL:

EDIT a quick google tells me a canbus conversion kit is required.
Cheers techno, your quicker & better than google

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
An X250 then, our last van was an x250 with standard headlamps.
I never had a problem with. You could replace the bulbs with high brightness ones like the Osram Nightbreaker, however the life of these bulbs is much shorter.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Is it just me or are the main beam headlights on a Fiat pretty weak?, they seem fine when on highbeam but on normal they seem really weak to me, especially when abroad.
Coming from a VW T4 campervan, the Fiat lights are a definite improvement, but I agree, they are nothing spectacular.

Even with the van fully loaded, I find I always need the level adjuster on the '0' setting. I expect that could be altered at the lights themselves, but there is no great need, as the angle at which the van sits never varies much - after all, the difference between loaded & unloaded on a motorhome is never very great!

Speaking of abroad - am I right in thinking that the 2013/14 X250 lights are 'flat dip' - don't need adjusting for driving on the right? I probably need to drive up to a wall to see for myself, but looking at the lights yesterday, there didn't seem to be any obvious lens arrangement to give that characteristic kick up on the nearside that needs to be blocked off.

I had a look in the manual, but it didn't have anything to say on the subject one way or another.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Speaking of abroad - am I right in thinking that the 2013/14 X250 lights are 'flat dip' - don't need adjusting for driving on the right? I probably need to drive up to a wall to see for myself, but looking at the lights yesterday, there didn't seem to be any obvious lens arrangement to give that characteristic kick up on the nearside that needs to be blocked off.
If it is a UK RHD they would have to kick up to the left to be legal , & if LHD they will kick up to the right. There is a reflector behind the bulb which is operated by an electric motor that is why the lens is clear.
The exception are the A class vans that have the Hella projector lamps which are adjustable from kick up to Left/Right(RHD/LHD) to straight dipping. An imported LHD van with the lights adjusted for straight dipping is legal in the UK.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back