2014 ducato scuttle panel leak (1 Viewer)

easygirl

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
just happened to be looking under the bonnet yesterday when it started to rain, I could immediately see drips leaking onto the engine at the back of the scuttle panel.
Did a bit of reading on the Internet and saw this was a common problem.
There is also a big pool of water in the panel on the passenger side when parked.
Took of the scuttle panel today and drilled another drainage hole, and made the other 2 small drains 15mm.
Will be resealing the whole panel tomorrow and see if it makes a difference, can't ne much worse than it was.
I shouldent be doing this to a 10 month old motorhome, I know that, but fiat don't seem to have a remedy, even during warranty, so I'll solve it myself

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
You will also need to seal the join down the centre. I've sealed mine and put a stainless self tapper and washer just to the passenger side of join. I've also put foam strip down the edges of engine bay running along the channel and down the side of headlamps and when bonnet shuts it compresses on the foam and stops rain driving in.
My 2014 Autosleeper is now bone dry under the bonnet.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Think Techno did a nice retrofit to cure this.
Check to see.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
This water feature is well known since the x250 first started being produced 2006. A Google search will turn up lots of hits and suggested fixes of which techno is one of the later ones. Having done the obvious and piped the water away from the scuttle check where drain from the air intake discharges. On mine it was running straight on top of the gearbox selector mechanism so some remedial work was required there as well

Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
Noticed mine while checking the oil today.
For some reason the scuttle is two pieces that join in the middle, I say join there's a gap for the water to fall down onto a plate and then onto the engine plastic cover and then wherever.
The offside piece drains into a pipe out onto the front wheel. Mine was blocked and took two attempts to clear it using a piece of lecky flex (not connected up mind).
It's bizarre engineering.

Alonsos

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
2014 fiat Ducato
We are talking scuttle panel , does anyone know what the actual panel is made of ( what material )
Abs/ pvc/ plastic/
So I can get the correct glue/ sealer to suit
Ta everyone

jaytee74

Free Member
Dec 5, 2013
durham uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt swift royale
Exp
since2007
hi for perfect job use soudals fix all (high tack) must be high tack fantastic product!!!!!!!! i use it for many jobs regardless of material buy it from UK SEALENTS approx £5.70 a tube 2 day delivery smooth it with any old credit card for perfect finish drys like rubber never degrades makes perfect seal and bonding as its a polymer will last the life time of the van and longer try it use it you will never regret it. to clean area after use use wd40 or plus gas. hope this helps. ps should not have to do this job to new vans speaks volumes about quality contol. (non existing!!!!!!!) js.

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
Is this the new face lift modle or old modle !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back