Rally Chat 2014 Bridgewater Carnival Sat 1st Nov (1 Viewer)

Baggers53

Free Member
Dec 30, 2013
Stafford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi, this is my first ever posting.
We are planning on going to this years Bridgewater Carnival on Saturday 1st November.
Is anyone else planning on going?
Members that have been before what is the best local, within walking, site to the carnival?
Any information would be gratefully received.
Thanks Mike and Les

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Heard that there is good site in Glastonbury providing a coach to Bridgwater carnival - see Broken Link Removed & scroll down the page for details(y)
We are local so know that although Bridgwater may be the biggest procession almost all the floats can also be seen at Burnham, Glastonbury, North Petherton, Taunton carnivals too so may be worth looking for sites near to these routes as an alternative option.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2008
Highworth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 85
Tescos in bridgewater allow motorhomes to overnight in their car park for the carnival right on procession route but maybe a bit noisy if you want an early night.
Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
No help unless you are a C&CC member, but the Somerst DA are having a carnival meet a few miles to the east at postcode TA7 0JB. Details in the magazine.

It's outside walking distance, but being a C&CC meet there will be tuggers with cars & if only because of pressure on parking in Bridgewater, I'm sure they will be organising a car share scheme to get in to see the procession.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Anyone staying outside Bridgwater & planning on coming in via car should bear in mind that the major roads towards & through the town close early so you may have to park quite a way out on the edge of roads & it will be very busy! If you do park in town early then you won't be able to leave until late (maybe long after the procession has gone past where you are) when roads reopen.

Dr Wolfenstein

Free Member
Mar 30, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
we are newbies
Hi,

Worked and lived in the Bridgwater area for some years and it's very hectic on Carnival day, roads in and around the centre are closed off around 17.30. There is a truck stop @ junction 24 M5 by North Petherton so could be worth checking out.

OP
OP
Baggers53

Baggers53

Free Member
Dec 30, 2013
Stafford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks everyone for your responses to date.
I am a member of the C & CC so I will check the magazine out.
It`s really good to get useful feedback
Thanks Mike

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
Just to point out that Bridgewater does not yet have a Tesco, the super market referred to would be Morrisons and it is common to see motorhomes parked up there for the night of the carnival, Definitely a spectacle worth seeing but so is Glastonbury my nearest one.

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
If you don't want all that hanging about before and after mabe the Burnham carnival would suit you better just a few days later. I went to it several years ago and if I remember rightly that is where they go and park up after the bridgewater carnival. Some of the floats were parked at the back of the campsite where we stayed and we were able to just walk about 15 mins to the town centre to view the parade.

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
Dates for all the local carnivals, it does not matter which one you visit, all well worth it.Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back