2014 Autoroute file - 130,000 Motorhome POI's! (1 Viewer)

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I've managed to get some spare time over Christmas to sit down and compile our 2014 data set. I produced this originally in 2012 but somehow missed updating it in 2013. It contains almost 130,000 campsites, aires, service points, parking locations, wild camping spots, LPG filling stations, Lidl supermarkets and so on.

I've used as many freely available databases as I can find and have manipulated the data in a couple of instances so that as many of them as possible contain direct links back to the website from which they came. So when you click on a link for Camping Car Info's, the link takes you directly to the page on the website with photos etc. Google Chrome is recommended, as this translates automatically.

moreinfo.png

We use this data as our sole planning resource when we travel in Europe and being able to cross reference multiple data sources in one application has proved invaluable.

Matija from myLPG.eu has also kindly agreed for his dataset to be included and has provided me with the master files, so there is over 26,000 european LPG stations. If you know of any others, submit them via his website and they will find their way onto this next year.

For a full list of exactly what the file contains as well as downloads for Autoroute 2010, 2011 and 2013 visit our blog: EuropeByCamper - 2014 Motorhome Download

If you've never used Microsoft Autoroute before, at the bottom of the above blog posts there are links to download a 14 day trial of Autoroute 2013 and a 60 day trial of 2010. I'm afraid it is PC only, I've not found anything similar for Mac or tablet.

It's taken several hours to create this file so I hope that others find it of use next year, we'll be using in January hopefully!

All the best for 2014 :thumb:

Adam
www.europebycamper.com

schojac

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
new in 2009
Many thanks; incredible amount of data. Over time I have become a firm believer in the power of Autoroute in accurately identifying and locating POIs. It is so much easier to navigate through and far more user friendly than my SatNav and although not used when travelling the voice commands are actually pretty good too.

As suggested try the free download and trial; although 30 days is really not long enough to get your teeth into what it can actually do.

OP
OP
Addie

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad this information is of use to others as manipulating the data to show the web links took a bit of time - but certainly re-sharpened my excel brain!

All the best,

Adam

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Cheers Adam, do you have a direct email address for Archies campings as I have been trying to get my site listed but the email on site always fails for me and dare say Jim could do with his listing as well

froggy59

Free Member
Jul 12, 2011
walkden
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2009
Cheers Adam, I was just about to look for updates - saved me a lot of searching.:thumb:

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
Ive tried installing the trial it comes up time and time again with licsense error which is strange for a trial anyone any ideas

OP
OP
Addie

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Ive tried installing the trial it comes up time and time again with licsense error which is strange for a trial anyone any ideas

Which version have you tried to install and have you had a previous version installed in the past?

There is a solution posted here - rather then follow the steps, scroll down and download the 'Fix it for me' patch and it will do it for you: Link Removed

Hope this helps.

Adam

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I have installed the 2010 version which works ok on its own but does not open with the POIs in the panel unless I open from a POI shortcut but then all the shortcuts show in the panel but have (hidden) beside each and if clicked Autoroute freezes.:Eeek:

OP
OP
Addie

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have installed the 2010 version which works ok on its own but does not open with the POIs in the panel unless I open from a POI shortcut but then all the shortcuts show in the panel but have (hidden) beside each and if clicked Autoroute freezes.:Eeek:

As advised on the blog post, zoom in to a localised area before attempting to turn the data sets on as if your computer is slow it might struggle to plot all the data. Remember to right click on then and then choose show.

That being said the whole data set was created on my 10 year old Dell D430!

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
Which version have you tried to install and have you had a previous version installed in the past?

There is a solution posted here - rather then follow the steps, scroll down and download the 'Fix it for me' patch and it will do it for you: Link Removed

Hope this helps.

Adam

Many thanks for the advice im on Windows 8 trying to install 2013, followed the instructions but had same issue.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
As advised on the blog post, zoom in to a localised area before attempting to turn the data sets on as if your computer is slow it might struggle to plot all the data. Remember to right click on then and then choose show.

That being said the whole data set was created on my 10 year old Dell D430!

Hi Adam I got it, right clicked on each poi section, properties, checked use hyperlinks from imported data, drop down name, ok

Now works fine, thank you :thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
pushpin list then right clicked on it and changed to show, they were then all (unhidden)

OP
OP
Addie

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks for this, still very helpful (y)
BTW what's this about Adam ? Looks like a direct copy of your website ?www.motorhomeseurope.com/1021/motorhome-aire-campsite-lpg-gps-pois/

Thanks and yes, Europe By Camper has been ripped off lots of times. I recently found one of our photos of Greece on about 6 different Greek websites!

This chappie http://vandogtraveller.com/europe-poi-gpx/ has converted all those 130K points into gpx files which have just loaded directly into my Garmin satnav!!! All downloads at the bottom of the page (y)

Mike simply converted the file, but you'd be better off just visiting the file sources (eg Camper Contact etc) and downloading them that way - they'll be more upto date.

Good work Adam. Any thoughts on how we are going to keep the maps up to date?
Keith

There isn't any way to keep the maps upto date, but I don't think roads change that much. I have 2007 maps in my car and aside from a rouge roundabout on the A1 (all now removed) they all seem pretty current. In terms of the POI's - I have good intentions of doing a 'final edition' for Autoroute but manipulating the data in Excel to produce them and then export them into 3 versions of AutoRoute takes me at least a day and right now when I have a day to spare I'd rather spend it away from a computer screen :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back