• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD 2013 Globecar/Possl 636 FR (french bed model) (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I'm not too worried Eddie,

You know how GOOD Globecar vans are :) .... and mine is younger, less miles, 1 owner and cheaper (it will when I accept a decent offer) ;)

Strangely enough the Adria Twin was on my 'shopping list' for vans when we bought ours, partly based on your comments on another forum at the time (y)

All we need is 3 different buyers between us :D

I have to be honest but I think you have your van too cheap. Buyers will want a chunk off no matter what price you put on it. Again with honesty I have no idea what the build quality is on Globecars. But when we started looking we looked at Autocruise and a couple of other makes that frankly were rubbish. We ended up blowing the budget with an Auto Sleeper to get a decent level of equipment and quality.
We now have a buyer. Well 2 actually after our van but like most things expensive they have vans to shift. But we wont be selling cheap and spring is on the way.

Advertise to cheap and it might just put people off and as above they will just want more anyway !

Good luck Judge with your one !

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I have to be honest but I think you have your van too cheap. Buyers will want a chunk off no matter what price you put on it.

I'd love to ask/sell for more Charlie but I have spoken to the dealers and they would put it on the forecourt for sub £30k .......

Yes people do want a good chunk off, but the guy who looked at the van the other day was pushing for £3k off :eek: when I offered a near compromise he was just not interested!

I do believe it will sell in the end and I am happy to sell at a real price.

Mmmmm? maybe I might just think about altering the advertised price to £33000 and accept a 'silly' offer ;)

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I have to be honest but I think you have your van too cheap. Buyers will want a chunk off no matter what price you put on it. Again with honesty I have no idea what the build quality is on Globecars. But when we started looking we looked at Autocruise and a couple of other makes that frankly were rubbish. We ended up blowing the budget with an Auto Sleeper to get a decent level of equipment and quality.
We now have a buyer. Well 2 actually after our van but like most things expensive they have vans to shift. But we wont be selling cheap and spring is on the way.

Advertise to cheap and it might just put people off and as above they will just want more anyway !

Good luck Judge with your one !

Your right of course but have to remember imports are a lot cheaper. Should have a look at them , I can help you get an import rhd for approx 7-10 k under an identical van here. Because of drop in £ now the same rate as the crash on 2008:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I'd love to ask/sell for more Charlie but I have spoken to the dealers and they would put it on the forecourt for sub £30k .......

Yes people do want a good chunk off, but the guy who looked at the van the other day was pushing for £3k off :eek: when I offered a near compromise he was just not interested!

I do believe it will sell in the end and I am happy to sell at a real price.

Mmmmm? maybe I might just think about altering the advertised price to £33000 and accept a 'silly' offer ;)

Mate I know little about the GC brand, So I dont know how much they are new.. My van for instance was just over 50K when new. Now two years old with 11K miles on I reckon its about the 38K I have it up for. I have looked around at vans the same age type and miles at dealers that are invariably higher in miles and usually a year older and they want 40K... So it may be worth looking at the cost of your van new and thinking what its really worth ?

Dealers will tell you black is white if it means getting your an cheap. It is their job to make money after all ! What is the average price for yours on its age condition and mileage ?

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
@Charlie

I don't want to hijack the Judge's advert but I am happy to continue on my 'sale' thread if you wish.

This thread is after all, a thread for Judge to sell his van, not mine (y)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
@Charlie

I don't want to hijack the Judge's advert but I am happy to continue on my 'sale' thread if you wish.

This thread is after all, a thread for Judge to sell his van, not mine (y)

Fair call Sorry Judge.. But another free bump for a top machine !

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Fair call Sorry Judge.. But another free bump for a top machine !
Thanks a lot!lol but confident it's gone but as you know need money in the bank before you count the chickens:)

I'll PM you in a few days re prices...bit out of touch with 2016 prices

Last edited:
OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Has it gone yet Eddie? :)

Oh please don't.....Yesterday a complete cock up. being a cleaver sod I put two destinations in sat nag. One for dropping of the van the other for going to see smart car today...Guess where cleaver clogs ended up? at the wrong address

Now postponed till Tuesday.

Did not like the smart either or colour in the flesh..to leary for me. steering incredibly heavy from stand still? they dont have power steering apparently as standard unless. will try another one, but maybe spend more and get new shape. thy are a much better with better front suspension (from C Class compact) better auto box and standard powrer steering...a different car completely that answers all the negatives regards earlier versions.

Anyway it was a beautiful day for a drive in Kent:)

Eddie

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Oh please don't.....Yesterday a complete cock up. being a cleaver sod I put two destinations in sat nag. One for dropping of the van the other for going to see smart car today...Guess where cleaver clogs ended up? at the wrong address

Plonker is the appropriate word.
:D

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I known its the kind of thing you probably do frequently (having mild dementia and all) but completely out of character for moi!:censored:
Glad you've joined our club! Seriously did your buyer laugh or was he peed off?!

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Glad you've joined our club! Seriously did your buyer laugh or was he peed off?!
Laughed (a lot) really nice chap. He is just storing and paying for it with his Wife's brothers money. Who lives in Australia. Not coming over till May for yearly tour. Really adventurous. Drove to India once in a camper!:)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Tut tut
If I were the buyer I'd be asking for a discount, due to the MIlage being higher than advertised

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I know you don't judge, but what a barsteward this LHD imports are to sell;)

Have has nine imports, some of us prefer them. no problem selling once weather improved had 4 buyers lined up.I advertised it over the winter as needs must. I sold my last van in November so you never know. It was full of kit and a bargain next to rhd equivalents which are at least 12k overpriced for same vans with steering wheel on wrong side as far as I'm concerned

I could have sold back to German company for a very good price but could not get it there due to driving lisence situation. Lenny hb was happy to drive it there in April when they return from Portugal. I know what I'm doing thanks and have never lost more then a few thousand compared to the 10's of 1000 overpriced UK vans lose:)

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Surely the buyers would be better off getting one in Germany?
Not if it's the same price here with £5000 worth of extras...we don't all take the piss. One for sale now in Germany for 29k with no extras.

Buy at a good price sell at a good price :)

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
It has now gone and money in the bank...A sad day saying goodbye to smiley face who unfortunately let go with van. its gone to nice people so that's something...

Eddie

The end of an era.......

Van lhd - Copy.jpg

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
It has now gone and money in the bank...A sad day saying goodbye to smiley face who unfortunately let go with van. its gone to nice people so that's something...

Eddie

The end of an era.......

View attachment 97031
Sad but a new one hopefully soon! Did you recommend MHF to the new buyer!!? Get a sticker for your new little Minxy car when you get it!

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Did you keep the Funster sticker? But glad the sale went through successfully. :)

Thanks! Doubt it would have stayed together....

@Anthea M suggest you look at other threads....There will be no new van for quite a while and if then.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Good news Eddie, somehow it feels a little better if the new owners are likeable (almost as if they have just borrowed the van) :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back