2013 Fiat Cambelt (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Thank you all for the replies lots of different answers here? When i asked the question I was awaiting delivery of the Van, now I have it and found the owners manual under the heading of Service Schedule and Replace Timing Belt it states the following: Replace at 180,000kms or every 4 years for particularly demanding use (cold climates, driving in the city, idling for long time, driving on dusty roads or covered with sand and / or salt ) or in any case every 5 years regardless of the Km covered.......
Quite a high milage then?

& they don't recommend exceeding it in exceptionally hot countries like Spain due to the degradation from the temperature . Additionally if the vehicle doesn't do many kms then I'd err on the side of caution & do it at 4 years.
With the commercial vehicles that I have owned here & with both cars, the UK amount of miles , i.e. 100k miles, was the same amount but in kms , i.e. 100k kms due to the possible degradation. So some 60% of the UK or Northern european amount.
Looks like Fiat have more confidence than Ford & kia.:LOL:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thank you all for the replies lots of different answers here?

Welcome to FUN !

Ours has been done twice at 5 year intervals. First time one idler pulley was about to fail even though the belt looked like new.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK
Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Welcome to FUN !

Ours has been done twice at 5 year intervals. First time one idler pulley was about to fail even though the belt looked like new.
White van man runs up the mileage so belts changed at mileage. Most MHs sit around. My MH is 05, built 04, parts from 03? So belt 10 years old ? last year when I changed it.
Changed it myself last year at 18,000, belt looked fine but look what the tensioner pulley looked like!!
Dry lumpy grease doesn't do much good, note the pitting from sitting still, get the belt and pulleys changed.....................sod the current mileage
DRY.JPG

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
I was advised that because motorhome spent a considerable amount of time stood still that ALL the rubber belts including cam belts and tyres tend to deteroriate much quicker than normal as apparently they lose their flexibility. Therefore these items should be changed much more regularly. In the handbook it states 5 years and eventhough we use ours almost every week I still intend to change ours at least every 3-4 years. I would certainly change it if I was selling it (which I'm not of course)

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Yep if your van is on the road every day 365 days a year, then Yes do whatever the MAKERS say 150K, 100K 50k???

Thing sitting in the yard? 3000k pre annum 2000k pa, plenty dosh in the keck! yeh go for it fella wait till you reach the manufactures milage!
Me? Every 5 years! regardless of mileage, renew Water pump same time, and tensioners,
I get a severe pain in the wallet when I have to pay out thousands for a new engine!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back