2013 ACSI cards - are they ever accepted when expired (1 Viewer)

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
JUst wondering as it's coming to the end of the year and I'm in Spain, do campsites generally insist on the new card (2014 in this case) or has anyone had experience of them accepting the old year's card in the new year? Won't be recieving the new card till end Jan when we arrive at postal address in Portugal!!

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
JUst wondering as it's coming to the end of the year and I'm in Spain, do campsites generally insist on the new card (2014 in this case) or has anyone had experience of them accepting the old year's card in the new year? Won't be recieving the new card till end Jan when we arrive at postal address in Portugal!!

If you arrive before the end of the year I have not known of a problem. If you arrive after the end of the year then in my limited experience it is common practice for it to be accepted untill the end of January. I would expect you will be OK. :thumb:

I know one guy who only buys the ACSI CC card only every other year. He spends three months from end of NOV to end of FEB at the same site. One visit he shows the card on arrival, next time he doesn't show it until departure.

Of course he isn't British. :Eeek:

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
9 out of 10 sites I've visited in Europe (over 100) who take ACSI don't even ask for it. They generally take our word - or take a quick glance if I flash the card. They certainly don't check the year!:Doh:

Most now accept the ACSI ID card and accept that as enough.

The only exception was Bonterra Park, but they are generally a pain in reception anyway.

I reckon you'll be OK if you just bluff a bit!:winky:

Good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
If you arrive before the end of the year I have not known of a problem. If you arrive after the end of the year then in my limited experience it is common practice for it to be accepted untill the end of January. I would expect you will be OK. :thumb:

I know one guy who only buys the ACSI CC card only every other year. He spends three months from end of NOV to end of FEB at the same site. One visit he shows the card on arrival, next time he doesn't show it until departure.

Of course he isn't British. :Eeek:

Wonder what he does with all the money he saves. BUSBY:roflmto:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Yes.. I have used one out of date.. Just a quick flash..
But also got the discount without showing it at all..
Even got my mate a discount on his pitch as i had a card and he did not..
Villasol in Benidorm gave me an ACSI rate but they dont take the card..
Think it's a case of how business is and what you can get away with.

Guess there are always exceptions, so have a back up plan..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back