2012 Fiat ducato 2.3 euro 5

Discussion in 'Fiat' started by DMS, Apr 2, 2012.

1. DMS

DMS Trader Life Member

Hi all
    I took delivery of our new bessacar e749 last month. Within an hour of collection we had all the warning light illuminated on the dashboard even when you switched off and removed the keys. 300 miles later we cannot lock or unlock the van,3 visits to local fiat dealer later they decide to take a good look that was last week. No communication from them found me on my travels to visit them today for them to tell me it requires a new ecu which would be here after easter:Angry: . On top of this we have a huge list of faults with van which is a swift problem of course. But I'm hopeing swift have improved there customer service.:RollEyes:
    But has anyone else had any problems with the new euro 5???

I'm now thinking of asking fiat to build a cl in there yard, it maybe the only time I can get to spend in our new van:Smile::Smile:

2. Phill D

Phill D

Hi we have a 2012 Euro 5 Fiat now with 500 miles on clock. it is an Adria Coral. We were delayed 2 days in picking up as there was a problem with the fuel filter producing the inevitable lights on dash, but it appeared to be due to too low a level of fuel on delivery. other than that drives a dream and so far getting 25 mpg everage, considering the engine is new and tight i am very happy with that.
    on The Adria fit so far it has lived upto our expectations of a high quality practical build, which i am again pleased with.
    hope your issues get sorted soon.:thumb:

3. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Now almost the opposite...!

Autotrail apache 700 2.3 euro5
    New van ordered a few days before xmas 2011, collected on Thursday 12 jan 2012. Straight off to a local rally, few days later 400 mile run to Cornwall to buy a used towbar. 31st Jan off to Spain.. !!
    Did 3000 miles round trip :BigGrin: Everything had a good shake down over 2 months inc the Marjal rally..

2 minor issues, First we had an ignition warning light come on but later went out, put it down to maybe damp/water in the fuel. OH and a loose screw on the cooker... I Fixed that myself :thumb:

Fingers crossed now that i haven't tempted fate...:Doh:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jim

Jim Ringleader

We had the same experience with an Autotrail Arapaho in 2006 we more or less drove from Stewart Moulands in/near Brighton to Spain, it didn't put a foot wrong. We sold it only because at the time we need to go bigger and bought an RV.

Got a soft spot for auto trails ever since we had our Autotrail Pullman on a talbot, it seemed like we went round the world twice in it. I must dig out some pics of it, it was just like this but maroon stripes rather than blue:thumb:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. MikeD

MikeD Funster

Fiat Euro 5

So far, mind we have not done many miles the Fiat side of the motorhome has been good as gold. Not sure about mpg but seems ok at somewhere mid twenties.
    MikeD:Smile:

6. nifty fifty

nifty fifty Funster

we picked up our swift 630 euro 5 just befor newark. no running faults:thumb: but not many miles yet. chester thursday next run. van has list of small habitation faults:Angry: .
    checked fiat recall database and 1 outstanding ecu upgrade to be done after easter[to do with management light ilumination .3 hour job]along with towbar fitment and habitation faults. time to see how good the dealer is

2 items i would like to know
    if others have had problem with tomtom pairing with cab blue and me
    and.
    radio aparantly fitted in "van mode" was this same in yours. nothing in instructions but had to resett to get 3 hour useage when ign off otherwise its 20 mins

glyn

7. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

I believe Swift to have the most thorough PDI system in the industry, its the customer that finds all the faults and they eventually have it back to put some of them right:Doh:

All that money for a motorhome or caravan and still they cannot be bothered to sort out quality control .Then there is the supplier who on a PDI should have found them:Eeek:

Write a letter complaining to the ceo tell them what you really think

• Like Like x 1
  8. DMS

DMS Trader Life Member

Hi glyn
    I havn't tried the blue and me on the sat nav as of yet but I have used it with my iPhone and it works very well. I've had the upgrade done by fiat but cannot give anymore info on that as I don't collect my van from fiat until tomorrow.
    I'll attend chester rally then back to fiat for new ecu.. :RollEyes:
    As for mpg I'm currently getting 19mpg so it ain't brilliant but it is a big van.
    Regards
    Alan

9. DMS

DMS Trader Life Member

I've spoken directly to swift today and they have promised me a call back with development tomorrow morning. But yes I agree 100% there quality control is non existent I ordered this van at nec show last oct complete with towbar and roof rack yet on collection they were no where to be seen. Another minor hiccup they called it. But when you spent £70k+ on there flagship van then where is the quality control:RollEyes:

• Like Like x 1
  10. nifty fifty

nifty fifty Funster

mpg on inst panel average over 200mls 28.3 thats around 7mpg better than first trip in my euro4

glyn

11. nifty fifty

nifty fifty Funster

i was told towbar in stock at purchase changed to 5 weeks wait. last herd it should be at dealer today [but i did not get the phonecall !!]

12. Ridgeway

Ridgeway Funster

Sorry for the naive question, but..... is the 2.3 E5 the 130PS version ? Mine was registered last year and is 2.3 130 PS but the current engine here now looks like a 2.0 115PS version.

PS: ours is ex-rental with 8k on the clock

13. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

14. Ridgeway

Ridgeway Funster

15. timndelia

timndelia Read Only Funster

fiat 2.3 130 euro 5 economy

Had ours 3 months now and done over 3,000 miles. Engine management light came on but Fiat (Desira at Diss) fixed it. Economy OK sofar; 27mpg into headwinds and 30mpg no wind/slight tail wind. Readings from full tank fill ups only. Beginning to loosen up so stays in 6th up nearly all hills with ease. Haven't had foot to floor yet (had old 2.8 before this and did 120,000 in 9 years average 27 mpg).

:RollEyes:

16. nifty fifty

nifty fifty Funster

what was the eng light cause ?? there was a recent ecu fiat recall for light comeing on had this been completed.

17. timndelia

timndelia Read Only Funster

Don't know, but they did an update (a recall I think) and it didn't take them long. They did check all electrical connections underneath and around the engine. Not happened since so hope it's OK!

18. lodecsgin

lodecsgin Read Only Funster

I have just got to 300 miles on my Motorhome. So far no real problems. I do have the niggle that the radio switches off without the ignition on. Can this be changed ?

19. Bonio123

Bonio123 Read Only Funster

Radio switch off

In middle of first outing since taking delivery of bolero 684fb on 1 may

All fine so far apart from radio powering off after 20 mins. Tried resetting. To no avail can anyone offer. A solution to get it to remain onfor three hours as it iss allegedly supposed to?

20. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

As far as I know they all switch off after 20 mins