2011 GPS Database for TomTom/Autroute - aires/bordatlas/acsi etc (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Hi all

Following on from my 2009 and 2010 combined downloads, please find attached link to 2011 combined data HERE: http://www.doyourdream.co.uk/2010/12/2011-aires-bordatlas-acsi-camping-cheque-gps-databases/

Here you can get a combine database for either Autoroute 2010 or TomTom which contains data files for ACSI 2011, Camping Cheque 2011, Bordatlas 2011 and verified/non veriified aires across Europe. Where the data exists, Autoroute will let you know the page number in the appropriate (bordatlas/acsi etc) book to help you find more info.

As always, I have NOT created any of this data - just meerly combined it for my benefit really and just made it available to everyone. All the raw data is available from elsewhere on the internet and the sources are linked if you want to make your own versions.

Hope its useful for someone.

OP
OP
activecampers
Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Hi

I've now included a Garmin download as Garmins seem to be more popular. Same link http://www.doyourdream.co.uk/2010/12/2011-aires-bordatlas-acsi-camping-cheque-gps-databases/ but now useful to Garmin owners too :)

map.jpg

OP
OP
activecampers
Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Bad news! :)

The Autoroute 2011 version pre 31 Jan does NOT have the place names in - just the location. If you want the version with the place names on (where I have them) - then you should re download the file as this will have a little bit more info in the name field.

This is particularly useful if you have purchased the camping-car.info USB stick or PC download as you need to know the name of the aire and/or the area it is in in order to find it and get more details.

If you do not have the camping-car.info download then for €8 its a bargain and removes the need for french aires books if not more.

THIS ONLY AFFECTS the Autoroute download.

(Good news is I've doubled my bandwidth quotas so I'm okay! )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
activecampers
Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Oh blimey - the quality has slipped on this release!

I've just been informed the ACSI campsites for all devices (not autoroute) only had the location and POIxxxx for each site. This is an error - it should have had the location and the campsite name/page number in the ACSI book.

My error - I really should do this sober.

Anyway, the uploaods on the site have been fixed - so just download the TomTom, GPX, CSV or Garmin files again. Autoroute is not affected this time. (new filename has "_2602" appended)

Sorry - 2012 will be better QC! Really glad I increased my bandwitdh quota lol!

(Fixed from bed, on a glorious day in a superb aire in Morella in Spain, with the cheap wifi aerial (rocket) working to the main walled city 700m away at least. Isn't tech great!)

http://www.doyourdream.co.uk/2010/12/2011-aires-bordatlas-acsi-camping-cheque-gps-databases/

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Many thanks for the Aires POI's they are a great help. However when we were coming south we used the aire indicated on Caceres, north Spain and on my Tom Tom is was a false position and the roads to that position were very narrow.

Can you tell me, is it possible to change the Lat Long and how?

My Tom tom indicates that the true location to be N39'28.796 W06'22.019. This position is not shown on a road but off to one side.

Doug...

OP
OP
activecampers
Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
No idea, does TomTom Home have a way to edit POIs?

My way would be to get "POIConverter" from Richard Davis (google) - and then "open" the .OV2 file, then "save" as a CSV format. Edit the CSV format as necessary. Then "open" teh CSV file in the POI converter then "save" as OV2 format back to Tommy.

Straight forward but you need to play.

FYI also - the raw data is always in 42.123 4.1234 format - not degrees/mins/secs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back