2009 Swift Damp Floors - anyone? (1 Viewer)

celticmini

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Hi,

I am new to Motorhome Fun, and I hope you can help.

I have a 2009 630L and have found damp in the floor in two positions, back near side and front nearside beneath cooker.

It seems to be a lack of sealing around skirt but going in next week to be stripped. Swift have told me "out of warranty" but I understood that there have been issues with earlier ones and SOME 2009 models and SWIFT have given an undertaking, to protect resale values, to honour "extended" warranty in these cases. I have had all habitation services done and no damp has been found but I dont think they check the floor for damp anyway.

If you have had a problem with a 2009 model SWIFT can you let me know and if SWIFT have helped again could you let me know.

Once I know the extent of the damage I intend speaking to SWIFT Customer care again and trying to get some help, so far my requests have fallen on deaf ears!

Please help, ANY info even details of repair costs would help.

:Angry:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just search on here and you find loads more.

They can't say "out of warranty" any more. The courts back a reasonable service time for such an expensive item.

You local council may help you.

But go for the throat and do not accept NO.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
you obviously wont know, but this exact issue has been discussed loads of times here. be very assured that you are not the only one with the same problem with swift vans

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
celticmini

celticmini

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Well the problem WAS the side skirt not sealed on near side. Skirt removed and marker lights also sealed properly just in case.

Section of floor on back nearside corner replaced - about 1 foot square, now everything drying out ready for treating and reassembly. Section under cooker just dried out!

I also had a strip of damp ply along the back edge, about 4 inches wide about half way across van. Repairer recons it is from the same place and to leave it, it is drying out now! To replace it is a massive job as he has to drop the chassis extensions apparently!

HAS ANYONE HAD ISSUES WITH WATER INGRESS FROM THE REAR BUMPER ON A SWIFT? I had the whole rear bumper replaced under warranty 15 months ago, could that let water get to the edge of the floor just like the side skirt does?

The repairer recons not possible - ANY EXPERIENCES?

Well due to the poor build quality or lack of suitable QC process in 2009 (or both), the bill will be about £1000, pity SWIFT couldnt use the right mastic in the right places around the entire van. The Offside is fine and the repairer suggests leaving it alone!

At least he is not looking for business!

I am interested in details of anyone with issues of water ingress along rear most edge of floor though!

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back