2008 Models - how can anyone decide?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by motoroamin, Oct 31, 2007.

1. motoroamin

motoroamin Read Only Funster

I've been looking into the complexity of choice regarding 2008 models and have put down some of my thoughts here

I'm inviting comment - do prospective buyers feel confused about what to buy?

2. PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop Funster Life Member

Hi Motoroamin!!:Laughing:
    We're parked on the camping field at Lowdham's (getting shower tap fixed tomorrow).
    In front of us are parked 4 x 2008 models - Knaus, Dethleffs, Laika and Hobby.
    All around the 6m mark with garages and rear fixed beds - look great from the outside although not impressed with the Knaus upholstery! Not seen inside apart from through the windscreen!:Laughing: However they look to be very tempting compacts.:BigGrin: ( no we're not about to change ours!)

From our experience it takes years of viewing and changing criteria to decide on the one for you!

We're chuffed to bits with ours but it took us about 4 years to find it!:Rofl1:

Marie

3. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

This is always going to be a problem for you two being over 8 ft tall:RollEyes:
    Geo
    You in Spain yet:thumb:

4. motoroamin

motoroamin Read Only Funster

Hi Marie, were they on some mag test or just on display?

5. PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop Funster Life Member

2.5 meters please! We're practising for Jonny Foreigner! Ha Ha:Rofl1::Rofl1:

Nearly in Spain - at Canterbury C&CC site! Getting ferry next Wednesday!

Neither. They were just parked up on the camping field last night when we arrived then some Lowdham's guys came and moved them over onto the grass to give us room to camp. Of course we had to have a wander over for a nosey!!!:Rofl1::Rofl1:
    Very pleased with Lowdham's service as usual! Fixed the tap and other bits. Also washed the van for us (at a price)! Yes - we have a clean van again!!

Marie

6. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

I have no problem as i am still looking at around the year 2000 models whether it's 2007 or 2008:Laughing: