Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt.
Exp
Just bought one after 10 years with caravans
Hi All,
Newbie on here,
Have looked through some threads but can't find what I am looking for,
We have an 08 Ducato fiat based motorhome and its developed a random beeping and is driving me mad.
Its not the same beep as the Handbrake, or the step or the seatbelt warning, There are no lights displaying on the dashboard but there is a constant annoying beep coming from under the drivers seat,
I have had a look and cannot locate it (although did find the handy under drivers seat I didn't know it had!) but its still beeping,
It only does it with the engine on too, even if we are moving or not.
Please help.
Thanks again.

Gaz

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Glad you found it, as a result of a fault like this it's surprising what you can learn about a van.

Upvote 0

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Bugger.. That def aint anything to do with mine .. So I shall go back to bonce scratching !

Upvote 0

EthnGeoff

Free Member
Jan 13, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
April 2009
Some threads, like this one, really grip you and you become tempted to jump to the final post like in a good murder mystery to find out whodunnit. Pleased to see it had a happy ending and look forward to the sequel ..... Jaws 2 The Bleep Returns.
Geoff.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Glad it's sorted.

I wasn't able to offer any suggestions because I am a complete dunce in all things mechanical/ electrical.:Doh:

Upvote 0

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I was just going to reply and tell you that our retractable step beeps horribly until I take the fuse out and replace it.
I am glad you found the problem with the cramped wiring but look at the the fuse next time as ours does it quite a lot.
I can sympathise with the noise it's horrible isn't it and you cannot concentrate on anything else.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Campinggaz

Free Member
Dec 17, 2011
Redditch, Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt.
Exp
Just bought one after 10 years with caravans
I was just going to reply and tell you that our retractable step beeps horribly until I take the fuse out and replace it.
I am glad you found the problem with the cramped wiring but look at the the fuse next time as ours does it quite a lot.
I can sympathise with the noise it's horrible isn't it and you cannot concentrate on anything else.

Thanks for the tip, is the fuse for it in the habitiation fuse box or the cab bit? Will replace it anyway,
I agree its a really annoying beep, just know if I cut the wires to it I would be the silly sod that drives off with it down. :Blush:

Upvote 0

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
The fuse is in the sergeant consumer unit in the habitation part of the van and has many fuses all named so i knew which one was for what purpose so it was easy on ours but not sure of where your fuses would be sorry for the late reply . had the kids and grandchild down . they had to catch 3trains to do visit but it was worth it was

Upvote 0

kiwiwazza

Free Member
May 28, 2023
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Just wanted to say thanks. We had a constant buzzer beeping that came on after setting off for the day. It started going off on the motorway. The step must have been out a fraction and the vibrations pushed the switch past its limit. After finding this site and a quick out and in with the step fixed the problem.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back