2008 Ducato beeping noise

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Campinggaz, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Campinggaz

Campinggaz Read Only Funster

Hi All,
    Newbie on here,
    Have looked through some threads but can't find what I am looking for,
    We have an 08 Ducato fiat based motorhome and its developed a random beeping and is driving me mad.
    Its not the same beep as the Handbrake, or the step or the seatbelt warning, There are no lights displaying on the dashboard but there is a constant annoying beep coming from under the drivers seat,
    I have had a look and cannot locate it (although did find the handy under drivers seat I didn't know it had!) but its still beeping,
    It only does it with the engine on too, even if we are moving or not.
    Please help.
    Thanks again.

Gaz

2. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

Are you shure you dont have a stowaway RoadRunner:Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  3. beachcaster

beachcaster Read Only Funster

Seatbelt sensor ??

Could be playing up?...................mine beeps when I forget to put it on

barry

4. Campinggaz

:Laughing: Thanks both, well it seems to be a different noise to the seatbelt sensor, i tried it earlier and unbuckled the belt and that made a different beeping noise and the light on the dash flashes.
    It seems to be coming from the handbrake sides but the handbrake beep again is a different beep,
    You never know it may be a stowaway although they will be very cold for the next few days,
    It is driving me mad, I have been turning the radio up to drown out the beep but then you get funny looks from people blasting out radio 1 as I drive into homebase car park in a motorhome, :cry:

5. motor roamin

motor roamin Funster

Not trying to be stupid here......but I had one that every time I turned the ignition on the fridge would bleep to hearts content because it tried to turn from gas to electric that wasn't conected.....after wireing it to work on both...it was cured.

All the best Rick

6. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

I wonder if its something to do with the habitation side of things IE low battery alarm etc look in your habitation manual for any alarms

7. Campinggaz

I have just been out and checked the fridge and that seems fine, The fridge is near the back of the van too so don't think its that as the beeping is under the drivers seat., But thank you for suggestion I just ran out to the van thinking that might be it. :RollEyes: Its only started doing it the last few days, I wondered if it was some kind of frost warning??
    Unfortunately for some reason the user manual seems to all be in French

8. rangitira

rangitira Funster

I get a beep when the rear locker is not closed properly

9. elamessa

elamessa Funster

Just a thought it's not the 'Speed' setting that is triggering the beep is it?

10. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

Have you drained your water systems and its a low water warning?

11. Diabalo

Diabalo Funster

I have not got my book with my but I have read something about setting up certain speed warnings but if you haven't been playing around with the dash it's probably not that.

12. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Do you have an inverter fitted ? Some models beep when they detect low voltage.

13. whingyraindrop

whingyraindrop Funster

My smoke and carbon monoxide alarms bleep when the batteries gets low.

Lorraine x

14. Campinggaz

Wow, this site is ace,
    I have drained the water, but have also donne that previously and had no beeps,
    The speed setting is something I have seen but haven't played with as I don't really know what it is and my book is in french thought I am not going to mess with that, I have just been and checked that the garage bottom bunk door is closed properly and it was and the only sensor on that is for the alarm so tested that and the alarm went off as it should when i opened it. The only other external door is the gas locker but again that has no sensor on it.
    My OH just said "I told you we shouldnt have bought a fiat" so i need to prove her wrong. (she was an devoted caravan dragger and was very reluctant to switch to motorhomes)
    I have checked the Habitation manual and can't see anything about warning alarms, The leisure battery is fine, its got the green light on so is fully charged.

15. elamessa

elamessa Funster

You can download an english ducato manual from http://www.fiatforum.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=159

You will have to become a member first but it's free.

HTH
    Steve:Smile:

16. Douglas

Douglas Read Only Funster

I don't know the rig but how about a low water tank level or a full casset?

Doug...

17. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

I agree with Doug this is a possible....full casset?.....also empty clean water at the toilet switch sensor..they do not always bleep all the time:Doh:

when you say its near or under your drivers seat... you mentioned you have checked your hand brake..maybe its a bad connection ...meaning when you sit on the seat ....bleeper goes off...is it the same sound as the handbrake!!

18. Campinggaz

Hi Thanks for those, The cassette and flush is completely empty, I always make sure in the winter there is no water in any systems.
    Its a definite different pitch beep to the handbrake and seat belt ones, It appears to be coming from the back of the drivers seat where a load of cables go into the floor.
    Just been out again in it but still doing it. Kids are loving me having the radio on full blast!

19. G1DOL

G1DOL Read Only Funster

• Like Like x 2
  20. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

if it's a high pitch beep dont rely on it being where you think it is.

when i winterised my RV i turned off the gas at the tank valve but didnt realise i forgot to turn off the 12v auto lpg shutoff valve inside the RV.

when the gas is on and the auto valve is turned on it beeps continually until it detects gas in the lines, which silences it and opens the auto shut off valve.

as soon as i plugged into the mains hookup i got a repeating beep which sounded like it was from the kitchen area roof extractor fan .

took around 10 minutes to work out it was the gas valve at floor level and the beep was being 'bounced' to roof level.