sean

Free Member
Nov 24, 2014
Torquay
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato Carioca 635
Exp
Does any one no what the red dot is below the main hook up is as it's came on on the weekend break and I don't have a manual help would be much appreciated thanks Sean image.jpg

OP
OP
sean

sean

Free Member
Nov 24, 2014
Torquay
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato Carioca 635
Exp
Does any one have the instruction manual for this panel thanks

Upvote 0

anthony whitstable

Free Member
Jan 26, 2014
whitstable
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
hi there, you will find its a blown fuse indicator, check the habitation fuse box, i think its behind drivers seat,cant remember which,I'll try and find the instuctions for this,and post it
anthony

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
sean

sean

Free Member
Nov 24, 2014
Torquay
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato Carioca 635
Exp
Thanks Anthony it will be much appreciated if you could find the instructions and I will check the fuses tomorrow cheers

Upvote 0
OP
OP
sean

sean

Free Member
Nov 24, 2014
Torquay
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato Carioca 635
Exp
Hi Anthony checked all fuses be hind drivers Seat but all look good and other info would be good cheers

Upvote 0

anthony whitstable

Free Member
Jan 26, 2014
whitstable
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
hi sean looked for info and only hand book is the older model and to mine 2006,iv being out to my camper and if i pull any fuse the red light comes on,i would check all 12v system is working,which could point out which fuse is gone or even a wiring issue if not a fuse,i think i only found out when i blew a fuse changing out side light,and red light was on and outside light wouldnt work,
hope this helps anthony

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
After the winter, it could be a fuse not making good contact. I would be inclined to roll them with a finger if they are round or remove and refit if they are flat.
I do not know your van but as a rule a red light could indicate water level too low, waste tank full or one of the batteries failing.

Alan

Upvote 0
OP
OP
sean

sean

Free Member
Nov 24, 2014
Torquay
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato Carioca 635
Exp
Hello everyone having a bit of trouble still with this van as today on my my home from Longleat my drivers side leisure battery exploded will driving no sign smell or anything Need help on cleaning I've took seats out and the mats and hosed off any other info would be great as this is our first motorhome and becoming a motorhome from hell cheers

Upvote 0
OP
OP
sean

sean

Free Member
Nov 24, 2014
Torquay
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato Carioca 635
Exp
image.jpg
image.jpg
These are the battery's the indicator on the the bottom battery is red if this helps cheers

Upvote 0

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Bin the batteries. The excessive gassing caused the explosion. They are goosed and obviously don't like taking a charge.

Check your charging voltage at the starter battery with a multimeter once you have changed your batteries. A voltage higher than 14.4 could indicate a faulty overcharging Alternator.

Upvote 0

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Haven't Elecsols got a bad reputation? Thought I'd seen something to that effect on here. I think I'd better check mine as I seem to remember that they are a similar colour to the one above!

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I Googled Elecsol batteries problems and was amazed at the number of people with problems. So Abacist is right. TRy a more reputable make to replace it. Banner, Exide etc

Alan

Upvote 0

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Had a hard fight to get my batteries out today to find that they are both Elecsol carbon fibre mono blocs and when fitted side by side with the labels facing inwards I had no idea what they were. They have obviously been there since the van was new and whilst showing a green light I am loath to put them back in view of the reported problems and their age. I am also off on the continent for a month and don't want battery trouble while I am away. I have therefore ordered a pair of those Hankooks, as recommended by Techno100, which are 125AH leisure batteries to replace my 110AH elecsols. Don't think I have been getting anything like 220/2 amp hours available in the van on these elecsol batteries! Size looks to be good as I have plenty of height to spare and width looks good and length is a bit less than the old ones.

Looking at the wiring taken off it looks to be a bit of a joke when compared to Techno's 35mm2! All looks a bit cheap and nasty compared to his professional finish!

Upvote 0

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Trouble is I can wire the batteries together correctly with 35mm2 but what to do about the existing bird's nest I have no idea!

Upvote 0

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Thank you Sean for highlighting this issue which prompted me to change my batteries. Good luck with you cleanup and hope you start to have more fun with your van in future!

Upvote 0

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
For future reference, on that type of control panel if you're hooked up and all is well, pressing the button with the battery symbol should display a line of LEDs flashing left to right to show the habitation/leisure battery is charging.

I've had an Elecsol 110 Carbon Fibre battery for some years which is hardwired to the solar panel, and (to date) have had no difficulties with it. On alternator/EHU it never goes above 14.2v, on solar it's regulated to 13.6v maximum. With the telly and a few lights on at night it sometimes slips a little below 12v. My cab battery has never exceeded 14.3v when the alternator's running. These things I know because I have Broken Link Removed plugged in permanently to keep track of both circuits.

Presumably you don't have a solar panel fitted on the roof without a charge controller?

It's alarming to hear about an Elecsol exploding, but as jonandshell points out above, checking your alternator with a multimeter would be a good idea.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
sean

sean

Free Member
Nov 24, 2014
Torquay
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato Carioca 635
Exp
Hi all I have refitted some new batteries today and charging at 14.2 v so all good and all electrics working but I have a kill switch on My drivers seat does Anyone no what it's for as its doesn't seem to do anything and does anyone have a number of someone to test motorhome local to South west thanks

Upvote 0

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I used Tavistock Caravans for habitation check last time. They are a highly rated NCC workshop. A motor homing friend has recently recommended Benedicts Garage at Liverton who can service mechanicals and habitation and do MOT's and he is a motorhome owner himself. Price was very reasonable by all accounts so I will try them next time.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back