• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD 2001 Rapido Le Randonneur 740f (1 Viewer)

Rapido740F

Free Member
May 30, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 Years
Following the requests for photos on my previous thread, I appear to have been banned from the site for spam so I won't be posting many photos this time, if anyone would like photos please feel free to message me and I will send them to you directly.

Basic Information:
Make: Rapido
Model: Le Randonneur 740F
Base: Fiat Ducato Maxi
Engine: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Mileage: 122,600km (76,180 miles)
Driving Side: Left Hand Drive
Date of first Registration: 26.3.2001
Date of first Registration in the UK: 18.10.2005
Number of Owners: 3
Number of Berths: 4
Number of Travel Seats: 4

29gcsyc.jpg

Van has been dry stored all Winter in Central Europe and will be returned to the UK on Monday for sale as it is no longer practical for us to run as we've purchased a permanent holiday home and the van simply isn't being used now. Van comes with two sets of tyres, one for winter and one for summer, currently fitted for summer.

Van has air conditioning, fridge, gas hobs, gas fire, toilet, shower, sink and two double beds (one fixed in the rear, the other folds up into seating). JVC after market CD player in the cab. Four rear seats (only two fitted with seatbelts suitable for travel)

Van has minor damage to rear bumper following a slow speed collision in 2013 (vehicle has subsequently passed two MOTs) but repair work would be required for cosmetic purposes (some repairs have been carried out already such as replacement of rear light cluster). Van also has damage on front of the roof above passenger door following tree branch falling during storms in 2014, again just cosmetic damage.

Van has had an entire exhaust system upgrade and replacement in 2013 and underwent a major internal refit in 2008 which included a new skylight installation, total refit cost £4,500 and was undertaken by a motorhome dealer in Kent.

We are looking to sell our motorhome that we've had for nearly 10 years and will be using the money to purchase a more practical car to keep at our holiday home.

The vehicle will be returning to the UK on Monday and is scheduled for an MOT on the 5th June (Friday). The van will be located in Kent (ME postcode area) until sold and viewings can be arranged.

We currently have the van advertised several places online for £10,995

Last edited:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
of course it has been interpreted as Spam?lol

when I advised you to join here and post in the "classified section" it was to do so in that order?...why did you not follow the advice. Should have looked around first before diving in? just stump up and join and use a bit of finesse:censored:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
just stump up and join and use a bit of finesse

That`s why in a previous thread week`s ago, I thought and said only paid up members should be allowed to post in the "For Sale" forum..

Word will soon get around that it is Free advertising on "Motorhomefun"... and pages will get full of people we know nothing about advertising their wares..

Just saying like... :)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
of course it has been interpreted as Spam?lol

when I advised you to join here and post in the "classified section" it was to do so in that order?...why did you not follow the advice. Should have looked around first before diving in? just stump up and join and use a bit of finesse:censored:
That's a bit harsh isn't it. You are certainly taking after your name. Judging by the general tone of the posters thread I feel it was a genuine mistake. Doesn't Jim ask us to 'be nice'.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
My apologies, I have just realised.

I am more than happy to subscribe :) I shall do so right away.

do that, then introduce yourself...then advertise:D. I only suggested you join as its a two way street, I felt sure there would be some on here that would be interested If the price is right and damage not to bad)(y)

Last edited:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
maybe there should be a time lapse between joining and advertising say 4 weeks.
This would cut out anyone just paying £10:00 just to place an ad.

Mel

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
maybe there should be a time lapse between joining and advertising say 4 weeks.
This would cut out anyone just paying £10:00 just to place an ad.

Mel

Good point and still cheaper than eBay classifieds.
I don't believe the op is the first nor will be the last but for those funsters looking for a van tis like getting first refusal before the general public so to speak :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Plus this not just a motorhome forum....it's more then that! plenty to interest even prospective ex owners I would like to think:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rapido740F

Rapido740F

Free Member
May 30, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 Years
Van successfully made the journey back to the UK and passed it's MOT today without a single advisory.

Still for sale and available to view, price has been dropped online to £12,995 and has gained a lot more interest

OP
OP
Rapido740F

Rapido740F

Free Member
May 30, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 Years
That is the one. I didn't want to post any external links in case it was frowned upon.

OP
OP
Rapido740F

Rapido740F

Free Member
May 30, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 Years
Price dropped to clear, £10,995

We don't have a place to store the vehicle in the UK so are looking to sell as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Glad you have sold it :) I am sure the new owner will love it and have great fun.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back