Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey autograph
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi,
My questions to you good people.

1. How long will a 1200w hairdryer run before flattening my 2 x 110amp battery's?
2. Will running my motorhome engine at the same time equal the amount of power being taken out of the battery's?
3. Would a 2000w inverter be hard to connect to my motorhome.

The lengths us males go for a happy life.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well it is Valentine's Day.

1200 watts is about 100 amps from your 12 volts so 6 minutes would be 10ah or about 10% of your available capacity.

Second question no but it would help.

Fitting is easy enough if you know what you are doing, heavy cables and big fuses and the inverter should be into the 240 side with a proper changeover, if you don't know get somebody who does to do it who does might be best. Get an inverter with remote start as it needs to be as close as possible to the batteries and might not be handy to switch manually.

Martin

OP
OP
Tony H

Tony H

Free Member
Mar 28, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey autograph
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for the info.
Does anyone no how much charge your motorhomes engine puts in your battery's when running? Are we talking having to leave it on all night or just a few minutes?
Be easier for her to have a skinhead!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Tony H

Tony H

Free Member
Mar 28, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey autograph
Exp
I'm a newbie
Can you connect it to your hook up inlet so it powers all plugs on board?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think ours will put about 40 amps when I first start up but will drop off pretty quick. Some B2B expert can explain that to you as I only know the basic.

Martin

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I have a 2KW Victron inverter fitted by @vanbitz, it's connected to the 240v circuit which powers all the sockets,!plus it also kicks in automatically if you're connected to EHU and the current gets cuts off
We've also got 4x80 ah gel batteries, 200w of solar and a B2B charger

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you did that you would have to turn off your battery charger if you left the inverter on for any length of time, other than that I don't know why not but somebody else might, ours isn't like that as the changeover thing was already wired in I just changed the inverter for a pure sine wave and took out about 5 metres of spare cable from the "professional installation" that was giving a big voltage drop when the inverter was running.

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I have a 2KW Victron inverter fitted by @vanbitz, it's connected to the 240v circuit which powers all the sockets,!plus it also kicks in automatically if you're connected to EHU and the current gets cuts off
We've also got 4x80 ah gel batteries, 200w of solar and a B2B charger
Proper job.

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
I installed my 2000w inverter but with having a Schaudt EBL I couldn't use the 2 x110amp leisure batteries so I have a separate 240amp battery which just runs the inverter. It's wired directly to the fused consumer unit so can power every socket in the MH but before you choose that route make sure you can isolate other 240v items you don't want powering when you switch the inveter on. Luckily on my consumer unit I have 4 RCD's, Alde boiler, Sockets, EBL and air con, so I switch all off apart from the sockets. Otherwise I'd be powering my EBL which in turn would be trying to charge my leisure batteries.

Also you will need to install a change over relay to ensure that in the event you have you inveter on and forget and then plug in EHU you don't have an almighty bang!

The inverter battery is charged via a split charge relay from the leisure batteries, either when driving via alternator or via solar.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back