2000 motorhomes a weekend pass my door (1 Viewer)

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
TWO NIGHTS FOR THE PRICE OF THREE
Works for Tesco, every little helps
cheers, Dave:thumb:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Widen your entrance, stone up some pitches that can be used all year, better sign outside. I can wake everyone up at about 7-30 am on a Tuesday as I pass in my work truck by beeping my horn. :thumb:
I thought 19ft was wide enough

TWO NIGHTS FOR THE PRICE OF THREE
Works for Tesco, every little helps
cheers, Dave:thumb:

Road sign

CAMPSITE
Motorhomes Welcome
Nature Reserve.​

Can't you set up one of these 5 van sites and work out from there
Like in caravan club
We stopped on one in yarmouth 2 weeks ago the owner was great site spotless and I would recommend anytime 9 quid a night electric on meter
All he had was waste bins water and a Elsan dump
Goto start somewhere
Just although are the rules for rally's different as well

To set up a site one needs a site licence and most licence issuers are afraid to go against any objections from the council, even if they are unfounded or incorrect and despite the fact that whatever licence is issued if the council really do object they can close the site. We were open and operating for two years without a problem. Natural England once acquainted with the true facts are happy for a site licence to be issued. We have water and waste points as well as a WC but no electric. As you say the rules are different for rallies which are covered by a different licence.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Roger, the one observation I would make having visited Lazy Buzzard you need more signs well before you. Get to the turn in as you are on the entrance before you know gone past and another potential customer missed.

Also professional looking signs attract customers more than pieces of wood with writing on, could you market it as a local Devon aire,. Good luck Roger.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
We have one in August, hee hee, I just had a thought, what about an advertising hoarding wonder what that pays.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Not as much as you think if you find a local graphics printing company take a few ideas they will soon make you some I would avoid using alloy as a mounting back plate as our traveling friends will profit from your loss
Keep it simple I have seen signs with too much info and it looks crap

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Thanks to all of you for your helpful suggestions I think I'll just go with my first thought and turn it into a cemetery.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Thanks to all of you for your helpful suggestions I think I'll just go with my first thought and turn it into a cemetery.

Pet cemetery, very profitable

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back