2000 Autotrail 634U fusebox location

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by gibbon, Mar 16, 2013.

1. gibbon

gibbon Read Only Funster

Hi funsters,

We have recently acquired our lovely 2000 Cheyenne & of course I've been all over it trying to familiarize myself with every system to ensure it all works.
    HOWEVER, I can't find the habitation fuse box !

I have asked the previous owner of 12 years but he always paid someone to do all maintenance so not really a "hands on" person.

The only place I have yet to look is under the rear flap where the spare wheel & the battery lives. It's parked on soggy grass & it's been p#@*ing it down for days so I have'nt got around to crawling underneath yet.

Seems daft to have the battery etc slung under the veh in the elements!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :thumb:

Thanks in anticipation, Bob.

2. billy

billy Read Only Funster

Hello hello hello:Blush:

Have you looked under the bench seats in the lounge area?
    Also have you looked under the bonnet I am not sure but I think I have heard mentioned on here before.

billy

3. gibbon

gibbon Read Only Funster

Cheyenne fuse box location

Hi Billy,

Yes, looked at all accessible areas inside the van & under the bonnet.

Our last van, a 22 year old Hymer had the fuse box,leisure battery & charger all together under the front passenger seat. Simples :BigGrin:.

I assumed a more modern van such as Autotrail would have a similar logical electrical layout but in fact its all over the place!

e.g. Control panel is over the habitation door.(checked behind panel,no fuses)
    Zig charger is under seat in U shaped lounge next to the 240v input/trip box. No sign of a fuse box.

As I said in my first post, I've run out of places to look inside the van so hopefully when the weather permits I can have a good root around underneath where the leisure battery & spare tyre is stored.

Thanks for your input Billy,keep it coming funsters, someone out there must have the same van as me:BigGrin:

Regards,Bob.

4. autoswan

autoswan Funster

Hi Gibbon i have a 2004 autotrail cheyenne control panel above hab door & charger opposite in wall cupboard, the charger has a row of fuses built in at the front of it. I havnt seen any others elsewhere ! dont know if it helps you ?

5. rolandrat

rolandrat Funster

2000 Auto-Trail Habitation Fuse Box

Have you looked under the wardrobe area on the left hand side. The current model 634u is there.

6. gibbon

gibbon Read Only Funster

Autotrail Cheyenne Hab fuse box location

Mmmmm food for thought , the zig charger is a rectangular metal box with ventilation grills in it with visible circuitry & what looks like a copper coil.Certainly no sign of fuses on the outside,perhaps I have to take the metal casing off.I'll have another look at that.

The wardrobe is next to the hab door,beneath that is a cupboard also accessible from outside.Nothing obvious.

I'll be looking at that again,thanks all,and stand by for more daft questions:Smile:

Bob.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  7. rolandrat

rolandrat Funster

2000 Auto-trail Habitation fuse box/charging unit

If you ring customer services at Auto-Trail and give them the reg and build number they will be able to tell you where the fuse box/charging unit is located. Area to check are the off side rear seating, upper locker and wardrobe area. It won't be in the spare wheel area as it will be to damp.

8. gibbon

gibbon Read Only Funster

Thanks Rolandrat , now I know what I'll be doing tomorrow morning :thumb:

Regards,Bob.

9. FM02MZO

FM02MZO Funster

The locker that contains the charger unit has got a false floor, lift that up and all will be revealed. That's where it is in our Autotrail Mohican.

10. gibbon

gibbon Read Only Funster

I have had to admit defeat on this one, so I've just phoned Autotrail customer support.
    Guess what?
    My model does'nt have a habitation fusebox :Eeek:.
    Apparently the four little red switches on the left side of the control panel above the door are re-set switches (like breakers I suppose)
    No wonder I could'nt find it!!!
    Thanks for your suggestions anyway:thumb:

Bob.