20 volt supply (1 Viewer)

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
In a cupboard I have 5 wires in a length of black flexible conduit coming through the ceiling, the wires end in a connector strip (choc-bloc). Also, there's a cut-off coax cable coming through the same hole. The wires are coloured:

White
Grey
Brown
Blue
Green / Yellow

I assume that the Brown, Blue and Gr/Yel are for 240v although there is no voltage present. A multimeter shows 20.1 volts DC across the White and Grey cables.

Any ideas what might have been connected?

OP
OP
Linda and Steph
Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Have you got a solar panel you didn't know about? I'd take a look on the roof. ::bigsmile:

:Smile: That would have been cool.

I had checked the roof, I;d thought that it might have been from an old satellite dish or similar but, apart from the usual TV aerial there's nothing. :help:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ruddy

Free Member
Feb 24, 2009
Haverhill,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
> 1yr
i take it you have an on board charger, Is the reading taken when hooked up ?
Some chargers show up to 26-28 volts when not under load ie. connected to a battery.

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
My old C class use to belong to a race driver ( it was black and grey leather floor to ceiling and white crished velvet curtains :Eeek:)
Well, there was these array of wires comming from the ceiling on that one too...............turns out they were audio/viseo wires for the camera they use to mount on top for races ::bigsmile:

Might be something like that :thumb:

Boo

OP
OP
Linda and Steph
Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
i take it you have an on board charger, Is the reading taken when hooked up ?
Some chargers show up to 26-28 volts when not under load ie. connected to a battery.

I'll check the voltage without hook-up, thanks for the info.:thanks2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Linda and Steph
Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
My old C class use to belong to a race driver ( it was black and grey leather floor to ceiling and white crished velvet curtains :Eeek:)
Well, there was these array of wires comming from the ceiling on that one too...............turns out they were audio/viseo wires for the camera they use to mount on top for races ::bigsmile:

Might be something like that :thumb:

Boo

Sound like the race driver had an interesting life :winky:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Hey, I even found 2 diamonds in the shagg pile carpet when I cleaned it with my Kirby............ÂŁ800 worth :thumb:

Boo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back