Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
We tried both before buying ours, we found that the 26" wheels more stable, the bikes didn't wobble around as much, find a good dealer and try both sizes, if he won't let you, go elsewhere, :thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I have the 26" wheels but the wife has 20" as she can't get her leg over easily these days :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We bought 20" ones as we needed to carry them folded in the van we had at the time and 26" were too big.

As mentioned above, a good dealer will let you try. Pete at AS Bikes, who we bought from, will definitely let you try.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We bought ours from AS bikes at the Stratford show and were allowed to ride the bikes around before we purchased .

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Size of Wheel

I have had both 20" and 26" Electric bikes and usually i would agree that the larger size is more stable . We bought our 2 current e-bikes Wisper 806 and AVE MH7 in October and after having had some Dahon folders for a while were very pleasantly surprised to find they had a big bike feel BUT with the added advantage of one totally foldable and the other one has folding handlebars. Our choice was made to allow us to relatively easily put the bikes into our "garage" at the rear of the motorhome for safety and bike longevity .

I mentioned a few bike manufacturers/dealers the other day along with joining the pedelec forum .... you will get a wealth of knowledge on there
to help you make your choice . The list of manufacturers /dealers who market in the UK is large but again i will give you a few more if you wish

50 Cycles at Loughborough - deal with the excellent Kalkhoff range
On-Bike at Kidderminster - Wisper , BH, AVE
Kudos Cycles-Kent
Juicy Bike - Buxton
etc

I know you are based in Hull and some of these places are a long way from you BUT i genuinely believe its a substantial purchase so you need to be fully satisfied that your research found you the best possible result for you

Alan

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I have 2 20" folders from AS bikes, there's no doubt they are not as stable as 26", ok when riding but a bit wobbly when you take one hand off to do a signal, but you do get used to it:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back